chapter 2: brothers

✿ ✿ ✿

✿ ✿ ✿

     "Already met two of your brothers, sweetie?" Hannah comes by my side and waits till I give her a plain nod to smile down at me. I seem to be the shortest in the room considering the fact that Hannah may be as tall as Kipp, and they both have to be six foot one at least. I honestly did not know what I expected. One of the only pieces of information Hannah commented was that they were all boys and older so I was obviously going to be the shortest anyway. My five foot three is nothing compared to the three men in the room who I had no clue about until a day ago. Literally.

     "Dear, I'm leaving now, seeing how you are in good hands, okay?" she affirms but doesn't wait this time for me to nod again. Instead she pulls into the fourth hug given to me in less than ten minutes to kinda say goodbye and reassure me I will be just fine. Then she walks out of the room, leaving me in this house, full of an unknown number of boys whom I only know two names and three faces.

     I stand there not knowing what to do while I feel the men's gazes burning through my body. That's until I hear the heavy sound of footsteps coming towards me. I look up to meet the man with my identical ice blue eyes and dark hair staring at me with a blank expression before he opens his mouth. "I assume you must be hungry, so Kipp will serve some of tonight's food. Then he will take you upstairs to your bedroom so you are able to rest. We will make all introductions in the morning, when you are well rested," he communicates. To get him to know I understand it, I give him a solid nod, to which he looks at me curiously but doesn't complain about that tiny gesture I have been doing for the past hours, ever since the incident I really don't want to place in my mind again. Like a broken movie tape you have no control over.

     Afterwards, Kipp grabs my arm with gentleness and happily beams, "Come on, hermanita. I'll show you my incredible cooking skills."

(little sister)

     He takes my backpack from me and leaves it on the couch I was sat on, then takes my hand and guides us to the kitchen, which is only some corridors away from the room I met three of my brothers in, two if you don't count Mister Ice. The other two seem nice and friendly. I just hope my other brothers who I still have not met are just as nice as them.

     When we finally get to the huge and clean white kitchen, Kipp tells me to sit on a stool, which I do as I watch him take a bowl from one of the many cupboards along the room, to fill it with pasta carbonara. How does he know it's my favorite dish? I literally love pasta. She used to cook it for me on Saturday nights after going out all day, to lighten up the mood while either reading a book or watching our favorite movie 'The Maze Runner'. We never got tired of those movies, we would just watch them over and over again happily as if it was the first time.

     A sad but nostalgic smile creeps into my face unconsciously and it isn't until the plate of warm pasta appears into my view that it replaces that smile for one of pure happiness. Pasta is the solution to my problems, always. "What? You like pasta?" Kipp asks bemused. I instantly nod vigorously and start eating the mouth watering dish while he chuckles low. "That's my favorite dish," he informs me and I stop to look at him directly and smile, nodding with my head.