𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄

I called Jack first thing the next day.

"'Sup, pretty lady?"

I giggled a little into the receiver. "Hey, Jack. Can we do something today? Like literally anything? I don't wanna be in the house right now."

"Of course. I'll be there in ten, dress however you want."

That was very open-ended. I didn't love it, but I threw on a sundress and my converse anyway. That way I would blend in no matter what we ended up doing. Plus, Jack had mentioned several times how much he liked this dress. I figured it would be a nice surprise for him if I wore it.

He knocked on my door eight minutes later. Early, which was unlike him except when it came to me. He must've exceeded the speed limit, because there was a playground zone near my house. Ridiculous boy.

"Look at you," he whistled as I opened the door. I flushed and did a little spin, which left him grinning. "Almost too beautiful to let anyone but me see you."

"You're welcome to hang out here any time you want. You know this."

"And miss the rare chance to show Seaford I have the most beautiful girl in the universe? Nuh uh."

I blushed just a little harder and pressed a gentle kiss to his smirking lips. "Alright, you flatterer. Where might we be going?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he replied as he pulled my hand towards his car.

"You're dad's gone for the weekend, right?"

"...Yeah?"
"Good. I'm keeping you out late."

"Oh?"

He smiled and started the car. "Just you wait. You'll love me even more after today."

***

He took me to the aquarium.

Now, that may seem like a very childish date. But I love the water, and he knew that. So he planned a whole day for us to go, and was just waiting for the perfect day to use it. My call sprung him into action, which is how he was at my door so fast. What a guy.

He waited patiently as I sat in front of all of the tanks and stared up at the colorful array of fish like the six-year-olds next to me. I even talked to them. That would've embarrassed the pants off of anyone else, but he was too busy staring at my amazed expression to be mortified by his fifteen-year-old girlfriend talking to fish in public. Not that he joined in, even when I asked if he wanted to. He just smiled and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel his heart beating against the back of my head, which only added to the wonder I was feeling.

The Seaford Aquarium even had one of those underwater tunnels with sharks and stuff if you went further down. There were a few toddlers having tantrums because they "couldn't swim with the fishies" which made Jack giggle under his breath. I smacked his chest with the back of my hand as we passed. Not that the kids or the parents noticed, as they were slightly too preoccupied with the meltdowns to pay attention to the couple of teenagers walking past them.

"That shark's a little scary," I admitted as we watched it swim over the tunnel. Jack chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist again.

"I'll protect you from the scary shark, Cer," he whispered in my ear. I smiled and leaned my head back on his shoulder. "You still doing okay?"

"I'm doing amazing. This is amazing. You are amazing, Mr. Brewer."

"No more amazing than you, Miss Blythe."

I kissed him softly, mostly because of the sheer amount of people around us. He turned me around in his arms and kissed me a little more fervently, which I returned. Who was I to turn down his kisses when they were all I could think about when he was near me? There were kids making grossed out sounds and parents I'm sure were glaring at our public affection, but for a few blissful seconds, I didn't care at all. It was just me and Jack; the way it always seemed to be, and the way I hoped it always would be.