6

chapter 6
[play: tek it by cafuné]
i watch the moon, let it run my mood. can't stop thinking of you.

-

maisie

conrad had finished up his smoke break and we decided to go check up on the others. well for me it was mainly belly and that guy that i had left her with. i led the way in through the back door and conrad kept up easily as i navigated us through the crowd to where belly and i were last stood. i looked over to see that the spot was empty and i began to panic a little because she had drank a bit and i had just left her alone with some guy. i was an idiot for that no matter how nice the guy seemed.

"shit. do you see belly?" i looked back at conrad, who picked up on my urgent tone.

"who was she with last? who was the guy?" conrad asked me, his voice still calm compared to mine and it was comforting.

"i don't know. some guy with brown curly hair. he seemed nice, but i shouldn't have just left her." i wiped my hand across my face, stressed.

"hey, its going to be fine. we will find her. belly is smart." he reassured me and we decided to search for her and the others along the way.

we first scoured the kitchen trying to spot belly with her long, dark hair and floral top. there were people grabbing drinks and snacks but no avail. next we tried the living room, which was incredibly packed. people were dancing, talking, drinking, but no avail. we skipped up the stairs, passing couples making out and a few closed bedroom doors. the girls were not belly. no avail.

i groaned feeling a headache coming on, and leaned against a free space on the wall right across from the bathroom. conrad stood beside me, pulling out his phone to call steven or jeremiah to check if she was with them by chance and we had just missed it. they of course weren't picking up. it was a loud ass party and they were enjoying themselves. i had called belly a few times, but no answer.

i stared off into space ahead of me, thinking of what else to do to get a hold of belly. it was in that moment, the bathroom door opened up and out came belly wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. relief swept through me and i engulfed belly in my arms. i didn't care that she had just thrown up and could again. i was relieved that we had found her and she was fine.

"what happened?" she giggled, taken aback and sounding a little more sober.

"my god belly. i couldn't find you and you weren't answering. i got scared." i explained to her, letting go of her finally.

"someone's had a wild night." conrad joked to lighten up the mood, and it had worked.

"yeah. maybe no more drinks for me." belly said, handing me her red solo cup which was still full.

i sniffed it and my face immediately twisted at how strong this drink was. i brought the cup up to my lips, taking the smallest sip. i swear it was 90% alcohol and 10% juice. how the hell did belly even drink some of this. i handed the cup to conrad, who had the same expression of shock to how strong it was. however, a drink was a drink and he wasn't letting it go to waste. he handed me back the cup leaving me some to which i chugged because i wasn't going to back down in front of conrad. he looked down at the empty cup, impressed, while i was holding back a gag.

this was going to hit me later.

we all walked down the stairs and went to go find steven and jeremiah. the party was only getting crazier and conrad said it would be a matter of time before the cops got called. it was approaching 1 am as well, and we all knew laurel would be up with her book stuff anyways. belly and i went to grab steven who was in the kitchen making another drink, while conrad went to go get jeremiah who was playing beer pong.