Chapter Four : Phones Don't Belong Up Asses

December swept in with the kiss of frozen death herself as everything finally died off from the persisting low temperatures across the country, the once beautiful autumn colors swirling into the gross crunches of decayed leaves underfoot.

Peter stood just outside the tower in a similar outfit to that of which he wore to their initial meeting, his black suit jacket appearing smooth against the charcoal grey undershirt he chose instead, his large duffle sitting at his feet as stared at the entrance.

The four sets of double doors had that of a nonstop feeling, always opening, always closing, always excusing, always bumping, pushing, something had to be happening, lest the building would grow impatient and force something to happen because there needed to always be a new visitor, a new patient, something needed to keep happening or there wouldn't be a purpose for the place as a whole, now would there?

"Well, here goes."

Was that meant for dramatic effect or are you just being that much of a girl about this?

"No, that was- God, you're a fucking menace, I hope you're aware of that."

I've been called worse.

His sigh was full-bodied, all of his will to keep fighting the voice in his head dwindling as he grasped the strap of his duffle and walked into the mouth of hell, the low chuckling something similar to an awful form of comforting as he entered the double doors, the building appearing to smile at him as they swung shut behind him.

~

Like, I dunno, two hours prior? 

Tony tapped his right foot against the elevator floor with a vehemence only seen prior when he'd gotten a great idea and needed to start working on it immediately.

The devil had just called, giving him a two-something-hour notice for their new recruit's final placement within the tower, a fact that he felt necessary to share with his other teammates as soon as he got another cup of coffee into his system.

"Hey, Friday?" His grumbled tone was bordering on petulant.

"Yes, sir?"

"Can you speed this elevator up just the largest bit more? I've got things to do and places to be, hon." His term of endearment was tossed on mostly to try and get on her good side.

"Of course, sir."

Good side achieved.

Within a couple more seconds, the large steel doors opened onto the lounge area for the tower inhabitants, all of the basic living and essentials floors being connected by sub staircases and, in only one instance, firemen poles showing a winding menagerie of walls and windows being pilfered by the fat snowflakes slinking from the sky above.

Tony walked past the oversized couch straddling the whole right side of the room upon exit, the cushioned monstrosity facing a practical wall of TV that was insisted upon because, "Tony if we can't watch a movie and see every pixel of the actor's faces, then I don't want to watch TV at all!", to which he just sighed and accepted in kind.

He strode left, where their equally massive dining table, the dark wood of the table countering the white tile of the floor and white of the walls distinctly, his target being that of the kitchen to the right of said table, the dark coffee maker appearing almost holy atop the white granite counter top.

Without hesitation he lifted the pot up to the mug he brought with him, hissing out a string of very creative curses at the lonely drops that just barely slithered out of the heaven holder, irritation growing with each added issue that arose.