Chapter Six : Give me one fucking excuse to snap your shoulder

!!! Hey, if you've got issues with slurs relating to gay/queer persons this chapter is going to have a moment with such a thing, so keep your peepers peeped; I'm not talking tiny little cute one-offs sorta things, basically the middle to end of this chapter is strongly worded, don't be a fool and call me cruel, because I don't really give a shit !!!

The settling night made the glass staircases increasingly creepy as the duo descended the multiple flights, the sporadic lights that were hung above them seemingly on a timer system due to the lack of being on even with the darkening atmosphere.

Peter hadn't said anything since they left their floor, questions fueling him with each step closer to the room where he'd have to sit for at least an hour with the single most obnoxious group of persons he'd ever read about.

But, then again, his information was skewed, so who's to say his bias isn't inherently incorrect?

Loki hadn't said anything since their previous conversation either, certain fleeting smirks or smiles as he led him downwards making the shorter think the god had an unknown telepathy ability.

His thought was answered with a quick wink before they walked into the lounge area.

So that's a yes to that then.

Don't question it, Parker, he's a good guy.

And you are a blabbing bitch apparently.

Me? No!

The almost-smile Peter had been sporting fell flat as they approached the dining table, his mood soured greatly at the thought of what he might be questioned or interrogated with by the various superheroes.

"Ah, finally, the fool and Mr. Mysterio himself decided to deign us with their presences," Tony announced loudly from the farther head of the table, all of those previously eating pausing just to turn and look at their approach.

Peter ignored the heavily intoxicated man, the scent of burning whiskey screaming against his enhanced senses, that of which he thought dormant appearing and disappearing at odd times.

He knew those abilities from his superhero-ing days remained present within his body, but he hypothesized that his space tumor had such an overwhelming presence that it crushed their potency to something so lacking they appeared absent.

The hypothesizing was necessary in this case due to his time in Oscorp not lasting long enough to come about such an idea, and Hydra not giving a shit about his biological mishaps to try and explain what they saw while he was in their possession.

"Your court jester and mystic wanderer have come to greet you, my dearest drunken lord, might I give you far more grape juice so you fall dead come ere long morning?" Loki snarked back, his comeback causing Tony to falter ever so slightly at the usually silent tower goer.

Stark scoffed instead of responding after a few seconds, the pair sitting next to each other near the other table head, so as to not poke the bear any more than necessary.

The only unfortunate part was who was on his right, thankfully with an empty seat between them, but the tension still remained, as Hope Pym simply lifted a disgusted eyebrow at him.

A low churn of his stomach caused the new member to then quickly grab up the nearest set of tongs laid in a spaghetti bowl, making himself a healthy and then some portion to attempt to quell his tumor's sudden urges.

His movements caused the others to continue eating, the light tinking and tapping of silverware against porcelain something close to harmonious as they talked in various low-toned conversations.