The Move

"Gosh, I still don't understand this whole thing," Zara says, "Why did we have to move? Life was JUST starting to get good." "Well we needed a fresh start, your dad got a job opportunity here anyways." My mom says.

"Maybe New York wasn't right for us, but I have a feeling Colorado will be." My dad says. What? I think to myself. "Whatever. How far are we?" I ask. "Actually, we're here!" My dad says as he pulls into the driveway.

"Finally, that drive felt never ending." My little brother, Asher, says. "Right." Zara chuckles. "This house isn't half bad. Its not New York.. but it's not
bad." I say. There's no going back so might as well make the most of what we have.

"Let's go in!" Asher runs inside. My parents chuckle and walk inside, leaving me and Zara alone looking at the house. "Do you actually like it here?" Zara asks. "I don't know." I say and walk in, Zara following behind.

"Imani! Your rooms here!" My mom calls me upstairs. "Woah, its way bigger then the one in New York!" I say. "It has a walk in closet, and my own bathroom!" I continue to check around the house. "Imani, oh my gosh, my room is humongous! We all have such big rooms! I wonder how mom and dads looks!" Asher says "Im gonna go check!" He yells as he runs back up the stairs.

Yup, I could get used to this. I can't help but wonder what i'm gonna do about dance. My team almost won Regionals, but we lost at the finals. Since then it has been nonstop stretching just so I can make a team here, if it was all for nothing.. I don't know what I'd do, but for now I need to focus on getting used to this house which shouldn't take long since its literally amazing.

"I guess I should start unpacking." I said. I took out my pajamas and laid them on my bed and hung up a few clothes in the closet. "Better." I put on my
pajamas and climbed into bed. I went on my phone for a bit then decided to head to bed because tomorrow we are going to check out the town!

"Goodnight Imani." My mom and dad said.

"Goodnight." I say as I doze off.

The next day come around and I wake up to the sound of my parents talking downstairs and the news playing. Basic morning sounds.

I walk downstairs, "Goodmorning!" I say. "Goodmorning, could you get your brother and sister please?" My mom asks. "Sure." I walk upstairs and walk into my sisters room.

"Zara, mom says to wake up." I say. She doesn't budge. "Zara!" She finally gets up. "Gosh. Okay im up." She says. I roll my eyes and walk to my brothers room.

"Asher. Get up." I say. He immediately gets up. "Ok." He says. That was easy.

We are all sitting at the table eating dinner in pure silence. "So, how do you guys like it here?" My dad asks. "Its nice." I say. "Yup, can't wait to decorate my room though." Zara says. "Its awesome! I love it here, it is so much better then New York!" Asher exclaims. We all chuckle.

"I'm done. I should get ready." I say. "Okay, we're leaving at 12:30." My mom says. "Alright." That's plenty of time.

I go to my bathroom and start flossing and brushing my teeth while scrolling through my feed and texting my friends. I start picking out my outfit and I decide on ripped baggy jeans, a graphic tee, and my white crocs.

I put on my lotion and deodorant. I spray myself with perfume and put on lipgloss. I check the time 12:26. I put on some bracelets and a necklace and I check how my outfit looks. "Perfect." I grab my phone and walk downstairs.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say. "Okay, are we all good?" My dad asks. "Yes." Everyone says. "Okay let's go!" My mom says as we all walk outside and into the car.

"Where are we going first?" Asher asks. "We are going to your schools first." My mom says. "Imani is starting high school!" My dad exclaims. I roll my eyes I hate those words. Seriously, who wouldn't? A whole new town and a new school? That's bad.

We park into the elementary school and we all get out the car and walk in. "Hi! I am here sign somebody up? Do I do that here?" My mom
asks.

"So actually, we have a website you can check out but just fill out this paper and we can email you later!" The lady at the front desk says. "Alright."

We went to a few more places after but it was finally time for us to check out some dance studios and other places for Asher and Zara that I couldn't care less about.

"Well theres a dance studio right by our house so we can go check that out?" My mom says. "Okay." I reply.

"Okay you all stay in the car, Imani, come with me." My mom says. Me and my mom walked into the dance studio and walked up to the front desk.

"Hello! I'm here to sign my daughter up for the competitive team, when are tryouts?" My mom asked. "Hi! Welcome to Noble Dance Studio," She shook hands with my mom and I "The tryouts are this Friday, I hope to see you guys there!" She grinned and started typing on her computer again.

We started walking back to the car. "So, I suppose you should practice?" "Yup." I replied.

I got back in the car. "Alright, lets go."