Chapter One

"KEITH" his mom yelled from downstairs. "YEA" Keith yelled back, as he was just finishing packing all of his clothes. He was sad that he was moving away from what he had known for eighteen years. He's gonna miss a lot of it. He's especially going to miss his grandma and grandpa and all his cousins on his dad side.

But thankfully he is moving, because he was getting into fights with a lot of his so called friends. So that's one real reason why he was happy he was moving. He walked downstairs with his headphones around the back of his neck and all his things. His dad grabbed all of the things and packed them in the trunk. Thankfully their truck is pig enough for five people.

As Keith looked in all the empty rooms and the empty cabinet in the kitchen, all the good, tragic, cringe moments and memories he had. He felt arms around him and it was his mother. "I know you're gonna miss this place Keith. But home is where ever you go. You can make anything and anywhere your home." She said, rubbing his back. "I know mama. I know." Keith smiled. "Y'all ready to take the next step in our journey?" His dad asked.

Keith and his mom turned around and they smiled before verbally answering, "yes"

"Alright, onward to Atlanta" He said with his hands in the air. They walked out the home and locked the door for the final time. The walked down the long, narrow, and steep driveway to the truck for the last time. And they got in the truck and they drove off looking at the home they've known forever.. for the last time.

"Good bye Raleigh" Keith whispered.

"CARL AND FRIENDS COME DOWNSTAIRS LUNCH DONE" She yelled. All the teens ran downstairs to sandwiches and chips. "Thanks Mama" Carl said, grabbing his PBJ sandwich and chips. "You welcome" She smiled. "Thank you Ms. Davis" His friends said. "Y'all welcome" She chuckled as she walked upstairs.

"Bro, oh my god" Bri groaned. "What" Trell asked, as he popped a chip in his mouth. "My mom said we're having a dinner for our new neighbors" She groaned, rolling her eyes. "Oh really. Tonight" Jaxxon asked, taking a sip of juice. "Yea. Their from Raleigh" Bri said. "Oh they white" Ashley asked. "no dumbass. They may be whitewashed" Bri snickered. "Wow I mean probably, since they're were around white people" Jared said, with a small laugh.

"Oh be nice, barely know the family." Carl's mother softly laughed as she walked downstairs. "Carl has been extremely quiet" Trell teased. "Shut up. I'm just thinking." Carl said, kissing his teeth. "Yea right, you're probably thinking about him." Jared said. "can y'all get off my case for real" Carl said very annoyed. "Bro, dude bout to say shortie instead of shawty." Ashley laughed.

Bri and Ashley were still clowning him, not even knowing what's true what's not.

*Ding*

Bri checked her phone and she let out a loud and dramatic sigh. "welp, I gotta go." Bri said in an unamusing tone. She threw away her trash as she dap all her friends up. "Alright let us know how it goes" Trell laughed. "I will. Bye Ms. Davis" Bri said giving her a hug. "Bye Bri. Now be nice to him" She said in a playful stern voice. "I will Ms. Davis" Bri smiled.

Just then a black truck with a bunch of stuff in the trunk drive by. All the teens were curious as the watched the family that got out the truck. A black family came out and as usual in the south the black mama is always coming at the black dad. "NEGRO COME UNLOCK THE GODDAMN DOOR"

The teens started to laugh like crazy while Carl's mom tried to shush them.

Carl eyes were on the teenage boy who had wireless headphones on as he carry alot of stuff. "damn he's fine" he said. "Boy watch yo mouth" his mom said smacking his chest. "Oww mama" Carl said. "You'll be ight" she said, walking back in. The friends followed and sat on the couch. "Oh their not whitewashed" Ashley laughed. "Yea you saw how the mom said Negro come unlock this damn door" Trell laughed, clapping his hands. "yea, you can tell she southern" Carl chuckled. "Yo did anyone checkout the the boy. Like the older one. Not gonna lie, he looks stupid wearing that damn hoodie" Ashley said. "Nigga why you clownin on dude still" Carl asked. "Why you getting defensive" Ashley asked. "I mean, you are low-key clowning on him." Jared said. "Mane y'all can't take a joke" She mumbled. "Bitch, we is not not. Sensitive cause you be the first one to wanna whoop if someone says something you don't like" Jaxxon said.