Tuesday/Tuesday Night

|| TUESDAY MORNING ||

You wake up, yet again, coddling the man you just met, but you've been kissed by more than once. As you sat there, contemplating your life choices, not moving because you didn't want to wake up the almost seven foot man you were laying on. Of course, it's not like you wanted to move, well, your heart didn't, but your brain was screaming at you for the wrongs you've made in the past twenty four hours. You realized you didn't have any clean clothes with you, and started to freak out, internally, of course. During your internal freak out, you accidentally woke the man up.

"Mornin' Sunshine."  The Dude said.

"Good...morning..Dude.." You said.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Nevermind, it's stupid." You replied.

"Alright." Dude said.

You stared at him as he walked out the door for more booze and cigarettes.

"How could anyone be that dense?" You said to yourself.

You began Googling.

"abandoned science research facility paradise, az"

"Government officials say 'There is no inter dimensional portal in the abandoned research facility in Paradise.' but we say there is. Because we have talked to people who have been in that portal! They say, the only way to get out, is to find true love."

"Well fuck me. How the hell am I gonna find true love here?" You say to yourself as you continue reading.

"Usually people travel in pairs when they go to this mysterious portal. They always say, the person they came with is always their soulmate."

"Did someone say fuck me?" Dude asked.

"Oh my god, you're back!" You said.

"Why wouldn't I come back?" Dude looked at you confused.

"Nevermind. I found a way to get back to paradise though!" You said, excitedly.

Dude hopped on the bed, hands on chin, looking at you, and kicking his feet in the air.

"How???" He asked.

"Well, we need to find our true love, and apparently thats you." You replied.

His face turned red. It appears the drugs finally wore off. He got up.

"Bite my ass, that stuff is addictive." He exclaimed.

"Don't change the subject you asshole!" You said, jokingly.

You stared in his eyes, as he stared in yours.

"Well, I'm due for a cigarette right about now." He said as he ran out the hotel door.

"I'm so stupid, I can't believe I fucking told him." You said to yourself.

You put your phone on your chest while it was still in your hand and laid back. You thought about the past few days. You realized that he might be the one, you continued denying your feelings to keep what you currently had with Dude.

As he came back inside he flopped down on the bed.

"Done with your cigarette?" You asked.

He looked at you and began to cry.

"Don't..cry..." You said as he stared to hug you.

You literally became a shoulder to cry on.

He stopped.

"I'm sorry...no one's ever been as nice to me as you have." He confided in you as he wiped his tears.

Your face turned red as you subconsciously went in for a hug.

You just sat there, embracing this human lamp post, it felt nice. 

"I haven't felt this loved since my best friend left for college 2 years ago." You said.

"I haven't felt this loved in my entire life." He said, laughing.

"It's nice to feel loved once and a while y'know?" You replied.

"We could feel loved for the rest of our lives if we wanted to, we just gotta find the right person." Dude said.

Suddenly, you were transported back from which you came, back to Paradise. But, you weren't in your bed, in your house. You were in Dude's trailer. But he was nowhere to be seen.

As you traversed through the city back to you're shared apartment with your father you heared a familar voice. It was Dude's.

You turned around and ran to him.

"I left because you were sleeping and i didn't wanna wake you up. But, we did it! We're back in Paradise!" Dude said.

"I never thought i'd hear those words come out of you of all peoples mouth." You laughed as you smiled at him.

"Well, you should probably go back to your place and get some sleep. We have a whole day of more errands to run tomorrow...after my divorce settlement. Here, I'll walk you home."  He said, grabbing your hand.

As you opened the door, your dad ran up to you and hugged you.

"I missed you." He said.

"I was gone for not even 24 hours dad." You said.

As he let go you decided to go to your bedroom and pass the fuck out. Your cat snuggled up to you as you fell asleep and in 24 hours you finally felt at peace.