Chapter 17.

Storm ran down the stairs dressed neatly with excitement.

Storm wore a tight fitting black suit blazer, black skinny jeans with a simple black t-shirt and a pair of black Nike Retro Jordan 23's. She even let her hair hang loose.

Caspian smiled brightly as he watched his daughter grab her car keys and rush over to the side door of the house.

Storm let the garage door roll up whilst she climbed into Monster then she pushed her keys into the ignition, turned on the engine and slowly reversed out of the garage. As soon as she pulled onto the road, Storm turned her car and sped down the road; going straight to Tasha's house.

The masculine teenager pulled up to the front of the orange double storey and put on her best smile as she tucked the tickets into the inner pocket of her blazer before she climbed out of her car. Storm trudged over to the front porch of the house then she walked up the front stairs and rang the doorbell.

The door swung open and Yarah stood right in front of Storm.

Both teenagers stared at each other in silence.

"Uhh- Meyers? Hi.." Storm said as she scratched the back of her neck, avoiding eye contact with the stoic faced beauty.

Yarah rolled her eyes as she took a step aside and called out "Tasha?! Your little toy is here!!"

Suddenly, a figure stepped out of the living room area.

"Uhm- Hey?" Storm said with a polite wave as the figure stepped closer.

Yarah turned around and said to the similar looking teen "Let's go back inside, Zoé. We don't want to keep Storm waiting any longer."

"But Tasha's not here yet. So, why don't you let her in?" Zoé suggested as she pulled her twin sister aside and gestured for Storm to come inside.

The masculine teenager opened her mouth to speak but Yarah interjected by saying as she blocked Storm's path of entry "No! She cannot come inside!"

Zoé furrowed her brows and asked "Why?"

"Because I said so!"

"Well, I want her to come inside!"

"I'm literally older than you so I have seniority!"

"Don't pull that bullshit on me!" Zoé said with annoyance as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Storm looked at the pair in confusion as she somehow found the situation amusing. But thankfully, Tasha's mother; Temperance, stepped into view.

Temperance Hunt is a divorced dentist and is a quite a beautiful older woman with curly nut brown hair that always seemed neat, it complimented her lightly tanned skin and hazel brown eyes. She was the mother of Tasha and her younger sister; Tammy, but Temperance looked nothing like a divorced mother of two.

The older woman smiled sweetly as she stepped behind her twin nieces.

"Stormy? You're here?" Temperance said with her brows furrowed immensely then she asked "She didn't tell you yet?" Storm looked at the older woman in confusion then Yarah chuckled and turned around.

The older twin walked back into the house; laughing purposefully loud. Zoé rolled her small red eyes in boredom and said as she took a step back "I'll go check on Tammy.."

Temperance sighed softly as she inspected Storm's outfit then she shook her head and said "Darling, Tasha's not here yet. She's visiting her father. They left a couple minutes ago, didn't she text or call you?" Storm took out her cellphone and scanned her texts but there was nothing.

"Nope.. Nothing here. I don't get why she didn't tell me. I mean, she called to check if we were still up for our date." Storm explained as she put her phone in her pocket then she said, scratching the back of her neck "I guess, I gotta go get her before our movie starts."

"Oh dear.." Temperance whispered and that immediately made Storm clench her jaw as she suggested "Her father took her out for dinner?" The older woman nodded slowly and the action seemed to crush Storm as she realized the situation.

The teenager nodded to herself as she pushed her hands into her pants then she said "Well, I apologize for the interruption. I just hope Tasha texts me an explanation." Temperance smiled politely at Storm gave her a tight lipped smile and turned around. She walked down the short flight of stairs and strolled across the lawn.

However, Storm stopped midstep and turned around then she said aloud "Mrs Hunt? Uhm- A second, please?" Temperance nodded as she stepped out of the house while Storm walked back to the front porch of the house.

The teenager reached into her inner blazer pocket and pulled out the two tickets for the movie showcase. She said as she awkwardly held out the tickets "Uhh- Could you perhaps... I don't know, Uhh- here's a pair of tickets to the movie showcase on Lookout mountain. It was meant for me and Tasha but.."

Storm shrugged with her lips pursed tightly together but Temperance didn't take the tickets.

Instead, the older woman said as she spun around "I have a better idea.. Wait here..."

Confused, Storm stood standing outside of the house with the two tickets in her hand.

Temperance walked out of the house with a smile on her face then she said "I kinda heard that Yarah has a bit of an issue with you, you're already dolled up and she really wants to see that movie. So, how about you go with Yarah?" Storm blurted out in confusion "Excuse me?"

Tasha's mother moved back to the entrance of her house and jerked her niece out of the house.

Yarah glared murderously at a very confused Storm as Temperance explained "You two need to get along so play nice.. And enjoy the movie."

Without warning, the older woman rushed back into the house and slammed the front door shut without hesitation.

Yarah spun around and banged on the door as she said aloud "Come on, Aunty Tee!! You can't do this to me!! I haven't done anything wrong!!! I don't deserve this!!"