two</3

my mom and i walk off the plane the Canadian air hitting us instantly, it already looked so different to ireland and i was only at the airport.

i got off the plane and connected to the wifi in the airport , i got a few texts from my friends and my boyfriend , he was wishing me a safe trip and that he loved me. I've been wanting to break up with him because i wanted to start fresh and i wasn't sure i could do the distance, but i just couldn't bring myself to do it. i replied to him and turned off my phone to finally get out of this airport.

about a hour later we arrived at our house it seemed to be a lovely cosy house nothing to big but a upgrade from our last home. i went in and seen boxes obviously our stuff " hey you can take your boxes and pick a room just to get us a place to sleep tonight " my mom said as she came in. i walked around the house for a bit it was really nice. i noticed the backgarden ( back yard idk ) had a pool and a hot tub and a lot of space , i knew that would be useful.

after a while of me roaming round i had picked out my room it was at the back of the house kinda levitated from the rest of the house it was a weird design but i definitely loved it. it was a good size aswell. i didn't have a bed set up yet but i had my mattress. i put blankets and everything on it , when suddenly my phone began ringing ' boyf</3' i rolled my eyes in annoyance i did not wanna call him , but i picked up nonetheless " hi " i spoke

" hey babe how are you , how's canada , do you miss me "

So many questions at once god.

"i'm good canada is so so different from ireland it's a lot bigger but it's something i can definitely get used to"

i replied leaving out that last question
"so i was thinking and i talked it out with my parents this christmas i can come spend it with you!"

he said with such excitement, which i should be feeling but i'm not.

"oh my god are you serious!"

i said faking the shock and excitement, he nodded in response

"i can't wait for christmas then, hopefully by that time i'll have made friends that you can meet"

i said with such a fake excitement i feel like such a bad person, i have this genuinely super nice guy but, but i just wanna start off fresh, maybe i can make this work, I'm going to try anyways, he's putting in the effort, so will i.

"hopefully , they'll all love you just like i do"

he said smiling at me i just smiled back in response. After about an hour i decided to hang up because i was a little tired due to the jet lag, but i didnt sleep yet it was only 3:45 and back home it would be 11:45pm which isn't even terrible, i went downstairs to see my mom looking at a plate with
some brownies
"what's that mom"

i curiously asked
"oh the neighbours left these over "

i just nodded my head kinda saying ah,
"she was so lovely , i hope i see her more"
my mom complimented

"what's her name?"
i asked

"mary"

i nodded and went back upstairs to try and make my room look less. boring.