Chapter 1: Desire

CHAPTER 1

The bright, illuminating rays of the sun reached the Dawn Treader, a great palatial ship that was rocking the Eastern Ocean as the fresh ocean breeze flapped the extraordinary red sail. It was morning, now, and Pommella Kirke was already awake way before most of the ship's crew. The sun's rays made their way through Pommella's room's window, casting a bright amber light upon her room. Pommella was now making a mess of her room, rummaging through drawers and cabinets and bags, and throwing things away, making a loud clattering noise that resonated across the ship.

Pommella Loran Kirke was a girl, eighteen years of age now, as she had been in Narnia for three years, and Queen of Narnia, ruling alongside Caspian. She had light brown hair — now slightly wavy, due to the number of times she brushed her hair —, apple green eyes (hence her name "Pommella", coming from the French word "Pomme", meaning "apple"), beige skin that had recently tanned due to the amount of time she spent on deck, where the sun showed its brightest and hottest.

Now, the reason Pommella was wreaking havoc in her room was that she had somehow misplaced something. Something she really needed at the moment: a book. A big blue book one, to be exact. The necklace vial hung around her neck, the dictionary was opened on the floor, but the big blue book with a golden title was nowhere to be found. Those three objects she inherited from either her mother, Ellies Kirke, or her uncle, Digory Kirke. Either way, she required the big blue book, to read more of a blood pact, which was a kind of pendant that held the blood of the creators, and in this case, the creators were Pommella's mother, and Caspian's mother, whose name was Dawnta. 

The blood pact was an object — a pendant — that made its creators inseparable, in a sense that if death is cast upon one, the other will die, as well. However, if one dies of sacrifice, the other will stay alive. The thing is, the properties of the pact have become quite a burden to Pommella, who had to stay in Narnia while the Pevensies, who were her dear friends, returned to Earth. Why you may ask? Well, it's because the descendants of the creators were literally inseparable. They could not be separated — separated, like, moving from one world to another — otherwise, the two would die. 

That was the reason Pommella could not return to Earth with the Pevensies, it was because of a stupid blood pact. However, completely out of chance, while adventuring one of the islands beyond the Eastern Ocean, Pommella had come across the very same blood pact that contained her mother's and Caspian's mother's blood. She was sure it was their blood pact by the initials carved onto the pendant, which were 'E. K.' which stood for 'Ellies Kirke', and 'D', which surely stood for 'Dawnta'. In fact, she was wearing it right now, while she was taking her room apart, around her neck.

Pommella was overjoyed to find the blood pact, because maybe, just maybe, she could destroy it and return to Earth with Edmund, even if he and his siblings wouldn't remember her. When they left to return to Earth, you see, Pommella had gone through a long night, thinking about the possible outcomes of their separation. They might mourn her, even if she wasn't dead, just not with them on Earth, or they might forget about her because she basically didn't exist on Earth. So, after a lot of overthinking, Pommella decided it was best to erase their memories of her completely.

So, of course, she had told Aslan that she wished to erase their memories of her, and of course, Aslan refused. But, after a lot of pleading and reasoning, Aslan finally agreed, though reluctantly, and told Pommella that the effects were irreversible, and she might regret the decision. But, still, Pommella stayed ground with her reason and told Aslan it was all for a good reason ("I'm doing it for the best." she had said firmly).

So, now, that she had found the blood pact that made her unable to return to Earth, she needed the big blue book, which — as she remembered — contained information concerning the blood pact. The big blue book was a magical book, that recorded the life of Pommella and Ellies, even if no one was updating it. It just magically updated itself each time something interesting happened in the life of Pommella — though, not Ellies', as she had already passed away.