Chapter |03

Leila's heart skipped a beat upon hearing the young man. Did he want to take her as his date? That too to his cousin's wedding? He was insane, wasn't he?

"Heinz? W-What are y- you saying?" Leila stammered over the phone.

"Y-yes I wanted to take you as my date," Heinz muttered, "But your best friend decided to have her wedding on the same date as my cousin's." He whined, making Leila snicker.

"Heinz," she called him again. "We'll meet soon."

"I just hope this bouquet of yours gives me some luck to meet you." He groaned, falling back in his seat.

Leila's eyebrows furrowed in doubt. "My bouquet?"

"Yeah, apparently your bouquet has some charms, according to my assistant. She got to meet her boyfriend and also get engaged to him after ordering two bouquets from you for my clients." Heinz said, with a pout on his face. He really wanted that bouquet of hers to have some charm.

There was complete silence from the other end. With a frown, he pulled the phone away from his ear to check whether they were still connected on the call. And indeed, they were still connected.

"Leila?"

The next moment, he heard a roar of laughter from Leila's side. Hearing her laugh made him sigh happily. Oh! How badly he wanted to see her now.

"Heinz? Seriously, don't tell me you believe in this?" Leila asked, after sobering a little. It was ridiculous. She was sure that her bouquet did not have any charms.

Getting up from his seat, Heinz sat on the desk, whilst swinging his legs back and forth with a pout. "At first I didn't believe it," he answered slowly. "But now I want to believe in it."

Leila smiled, hearing him. And now she also wanted to believe that her bouquet had some charms in it. She didn't want to break his faith, even though it might sound a bit ridiculous.

"They say the third time's a charm, Heinz," Leila answered. "Maybe this might bring you charms."

"I hope so."

"Me too."

It was the day of the wedding. Everything was going on perfectly. The groomsmen were ready and were having their photoshoots. The bride's entourage was going crazy, along with the bride.

"CALM DOWN!" Leila yelled, making everyone pause their work. "Just calm down everyone. You're freaking out the already freaked-out bride."

The women and the dressers, including the bride, broke into a fit of peals of laughter. The once chaotic room was now laughing. Thank goodness!

"Lelia," she turned to look at her best friend, who was dressed in her bridal attire looking as beautiful as ever. "I don't know what I would have done without you."

Walking toward her best friend, Leila sat down on her knees despite the dress she had worn. Tears formed in her eyes. Her best friend was getting married today and she was looking like an angel. Her best friend was indeed her angel.

"I should say that to you, Nadia." Tears flowed down Leila's eyes. "I wouldn't know where I would be if not for you and your family," she said. "I'm always grateful to you and your family."

Nadia's eyes spilt the tears she was holding back. "Oh, hush now, Leila," Nadia whispered softly whilst wiping the tears from her friend's eyes. "You're my family too." Leila slowly nodded her head.

Growing up in an orphanage was never easy. You have to share everything with everyone there. And Leila had always earned love. She met Nadia during her school days and instantly became friends with the chirpy girl of the class. Leila got the love of her parents from Nadia's parents and sisterly love from Nadia. They fostered her till she graduated, making Leila a member of their family. Nadia's family wanted to adopt Leila, but she refused when she heard the news. She was happy with the way her life proceeded.

It was with the help of Nadia and her parents, that Leila started making the bouquets. Flowers and greenery gave her a sense of relief and calmness, and when they suggested she do something out of it, she planned on making the bouquets.

Then 'Breath of Flowers' was born and the rest is history.

"But I'm mad at you," Leila said making Nadia frown. "Why didn't you ask me for your bridal bouquet? I would have done everything according to your likes and dislikes."

Nadia gave her best friend, a sheepish smile in response. Only if Leila knew what she had done.

"About that-" Nadia's voice was cut off by another familiar voice.

"Hey, Nadia your bridal bouquet is here," Heinz entered the room with the box of the bouquet. Dressed in a navy blue suit with a pristine white shirt underneath the waistcoat, he was handsome. His blonde wavy hair was neatly styled making him even more handsome.

Leila stood rooted to her place hearing the voice. It was Heinz. Her Heinz.

"Hey Heinz," Nadia smirked looking over her stunned best friend. "Did you get the bouquet from the place I wanted?"

Heinz nodded to his soon-to-be sister-in-law. "Didn't want to risk it," he smiled sheepishly when the bride raised her eyebrows at him. "And by the way, you look beautiful." Heinz gave the bride a smile before hugging her.

"I thought you would have the young woman as your date today," Nadia smirked at him, whilst trying to play innocent. "Damien told me that you were close with the owner of Breath of Flowers."

"I'm close to her," Heinz sighed and sat on the ottoman in the room. "It seems Leila's stupid best friend decided to get married on the same date as yours."

Nadia chuckled and continued to look between her best friend and Heinz. Her best friend seems to be still in the daze of seeing Heinz. She wanted someone to be there for her, give her the love she deserves and also the family she deserves. Nadia knew that her best friend would need someone like Heinz and vice versa. To her, they looked like a perfect couple in her mind. And that's when she started scheming the plan.

It was good she didn't tell anyone about Leila and her business, as it helped her to formulate her plan. And when everything was going according to her plan, Nadia was elated. Once she caught a glimpse of her best friend and Heinz talking to each other happily, and at that time she knew she'd made the right decision.

"Heinz," she called to her brother-in-law. "I'm that stupid best friend."

Again don't stop!
Scroll down to read the last chapter of this short story :)