Chapter |04

Heinz gave Nadia stink eyes, before standing up from the place. "Don't play with me, Nadia," he warned her. "This is something you shouldn't play with."

"I'm not playing Heinz," Nadia replied softly. She pointed her finger toward her best friend who was still looking at Heinz in a daze. "That's my best friend, Leila Baker." Patting his shoulders Nadia went to get ready.

Heinz looked at the woman in front of him. She was beautiful in appearance too. Dressed in a navy blue column bridesmaid dress she was stunning. Her hair was pinned in the right place giving a perfect view of her face.

"Leila?" Heinz took baby steps to reach her. He felt as if the moment was surreal. He saw her. He finally got to see his Leila.

"Heinz," she whispered as she took her steps towards him. He was really in front of her.

Suddenly the door of the room opened making the couple jerk in fright. Heinz groaned on seeing his younger brother. "What do you want Arlo?", he hissed at him.

Arlo was confused by his brother's tone. "Calm down," Arlo muttered. "Damien is freaking out there."

Suddenly Leila burst out laughing on hearing Arlo. Heinz turned his gaze towards the petite woman who was laughing. She was just as he imagined. She was just beautiful.

"Who would this beauty be?" Arlo's lips quivered up looking at the young woman in front of him.

"That would be Leila."

Arlo's head whipped towards his brother, who was looking at him with a grin that he couldn't control. Nodding his head, he slowly stood near his brother. "The same Leila?" he whispered to his older brother.

Heinz winked at him. "The same one."

"Wow," Arlo breathed out. "So that bouquet of hers does have some charm, I think."

"It does," Leila answered this time. She looked between the two brothers who were smiling at her. Leila wanted to talk more to Heinz. She badly wanted to spend some time with Heinz, but before she knew it, she had a task on her hands.

Their hands.

"We have got a wedding to arrange."

The wedding went smoothly as everyone had expected. The aisle looked like a place out of a fairy tale. Indeed, Heinz Tarrington has outdone himself this time.

Leila looked around the reception hall where everyone was seated after the speech from the maid of honour and the best man. Everyone was dancing around the newly wedded couple with the music playing in the background.

Leila looked over at Heinz, who was now dancing with his little cousin. A chuckle escaped through her lips when the little girl stepped on his feet, making him close his eyes in pain. Her heart skipped a beat when he started walking toward her after dancing with the little girl.

"May I have this dance?" Heinz asked Leila, with his hand directed toward her. Nodding her head, she slipped her hands into his, making him smile. It was perfect. Their entwined hands were together.

Leila didn't dare look at Heinz. Standing this close to him made her stomach flutter in response and also made her heart beat wildly against her rib cage.

"It feels surreal, right?" Heinz's voice got her attention. "To finally meet you." He breathed out and chuckled. "Oh my goodness! I'm feeling nervous actually."

"Me too," she whispered softly, making him sigh.

"So it's a double side, I guess."

She nodded her head against his chest, making him smile. He groaned when Arlo announced that every single lady in the room had to stand in line to catch the bouquet. "Arlo really needs to know when to speak," he muttered, making Leila giggle.

"Hush Heinz, he's a sweet boy."

Heinz rolled his eyes at her. "Now go and stand in the line." He smiled at her and gently pushed her towards the crowd where every single woman was waiting to catch that bouquet of the bride.

Nadia stood in front and winked at her best friend. She was determined that this bouquet of hers should go to its rightful owner.

Leila fidgeted with her fingers, looking at the other ladies standing in front of her. She didn't mind them. Anyway, that bouquet was not going to magically land in her hands, right? But all her answers went downhill when the bouquet landed right in her hands. She looked over to see everyone cheering her on.

The cheeks of Leila started gaining red hues, making everyone go in awe of her.

Her eyes were desperately looking for someone. Her breath got caught in her throat when a hand encircled her waist. Seeing that it was Heinz, her cheeks turned even brighter shades of red.

He tucked her hair behind her ear, making her smile in shyness. Winking at her, he smiled at her.

"Indeed a bouquet of charms, isn't it?"

And that's a wrap!
Hope you enjoyed the short story.
Thanks for taking the time to read this story.
I'll meet soon with more short stories for you to read.
Have a great day ahead :)