Chapter 1: The Night Fury

Thyra's pov

I look around. Where o where could my dear brother be?

'Midnight? Hey girl, can you help me find my brother please?'

Midnight lets out a displeased growl. 'I know you don't like him but please... We can save one dragon. I'll let you choose.'

Midnight looks me dead in the eyes. Still not convinced. I stare into her amber-colored eyes, it's almost like we're having a staring contrast. She wins. Like always. Honestly, I don't know how dragons keep it up to stare at something so long without blinking.

I smirk and slowly slide closer under her star-covered wing. 'Midnight... I know you can easily find him, you better start loo-king...' I sing-whisper.

Midnight turns her head and lifts her wing a little to see me sitting there. I give her my sweetest smile as she narrows her eyes, not trusting me. I wouldn't trust me either. I would never harm Midnight, Thor, she's the entire reason I play fair with my brother instead of freeing all the dragons.

'I can go yell y'know.'

She stares at me and slowly blinks. I shrug. 'Whatever you want. HEY! DRAGON ESCAPED! OVER HERE!'

Midnight widens her eyes and quickly jumps up, picks me up and flies up into the sky. 'You got find my brother, wouldn't want us to get shot ehh?'

She just glares at me and out of the blue, she drops me. I shriek. Luckily she also catches me again at my feet. Now I'm hanging upside down while she flies over to, I hope, my brother.

When we land, we are in front of some cage. I expect there to be dragons captured. I hear the voice of my brother echoing. I look at Midnight and tell her to follow me unseen before I run inside.

I see my brother with his arms folded on his back talking to some kids my age in a cell. He pats a night fury, who growls in response. Wow, a night fury! He then starts to walk away, not on my watch!

I decide this is a perfect moment and I jump at his back. 'SURPRISE! I'm baaack!' I yell full of enthusiasm in his ear.

Viggo quickly shakes me off in a reflex and then frowns when he sees it's me lying on the floor. 'Ai, you need to do something about your reflexes.' I tell him.

He shakes his head. 'My reflexes are perfectly fine, you need to do something about your technique of greeting people. What are you doing here?'

I smile smugly. 'Well, I believe I have won a bet and I'm here to collect my prize.' I speak slowly and with a very heavy accent, his accent but then ten times worse.

He doesn't seem like he thinks it's funny while one of his hunters almost drops a chest from holding in his laughter.

Viggo looks so mad. 'Right, I almost forgot about that. Let me guess...'

He looks at the night fury. I have to admit, I really want that night fury but I promised Midnight to let her choose. I sigh. 'How I wish I could say yes right now, only I have promised Midnight to let her choose if she found you, which she did, so...'

Viggo frowns. 'I see, and where is Midnight? The sooner we get this done, the sooner I can begin.'

As if on cue, Midnight jumps off the wall, out of the shadow so we can see her. She slowly walks to the night fury. Then I notice how much they look like each other. I mean, Midnight is a star fury, which means she's dark blue with stars inside her wings. The night fury is black. The tail wings are different. The night fury seems to have some sort of spikes whereas Midnight's are more like parallelograms, and the Night Fury is missing one tail wing. I guess that's by accident cause it doesn't seem natural.