EP 003 | WINNING

(  UNUSUAL RETREAT

(  UNUSUAL RETREAT.  )

Five minutes had already passed and she was still holding her breath as quietly as possible, the chance of hearing another boy being very small; apart from the fact that she was protected by a locked cabin, from which she only moved out again at t...

Five minutes had already passed and she was still holding her breath as quietly as possible, the chance of hearing another boy being very small; apart from the fact that she was protected by a locked cabin, from which she only moved out again at the end of the break.

No one knew about Minjeong's chosen hiding place where she spent her break. At least most of the time of her breaks. Unlike what she had expected at the beginning, there was peace between the walls and silence most of the time. Especially on the top floor. This could not be said about the girls' restrooms, where at least one girl was always present. No matter whether in the cubicles or in front of the mirror, in order to tackle again at the hairstyle.

At the same time, all Minjeong desired was silence. She hated the noise it made, all the hustle and bustle, and not having a second to breathe. Unlike in the john.

Having rebuilt the security that no one would destroy the idyllic peace, Minjeong reached for her backpack to pull out the book she had started and couldn't keep her hands off for days.

Tightening her legs, Minjeong tried to make herself as comfortable as possible; which was rather semi-successful considering that she was still in a toilet and her wall was bumping against a cold wall.

She ignored the quietly opening door, was much too captivated by the thrilling scene of the thriller, which suited Yizhuo just fine, who tried as much as possible not to announce her presence any further. She had the same intention here as Minjeong, enjoying the quiet atmosphere and it was even surprisingly clean, so it was bearable.

Neither had even the slightest inkling that they were both doing the same thing. Instead, in their minds was the thesis that they were the only ones who saw this strange place as a refuge where they could spend their break undisturbed.

Actually, it was supposed to stay that way.

Only, Minjeong had put a spoke in her own wheel when her places were no longer focused on the surroundings and thus escaped Yizhuo, who locked herself right into the booth next to the short-haired one, straight into running some tiktoks with a low sound, since her airpods had run out again. Too engrossed in her book and with a scratchy throat, she didn't think long as a cough crept from her throat before bringing her feminine voice to the surface with the soft words, "My goodness..."

Horror injected itself into Yizhuo's body, causing her pupils to grow in size, much like she had drugs running in her bloodstream. There was another girl here? The voice seemed strange, and she doubted that she ended up hanging out with a boy.

"Hello...?" Yizhuo's voice was unusually shaky. Normally she wasn't of a shy nature especially not when she didn't even have eyes on her conversation partner. But this was different. More complicated. Swallowing, Yizhuo closed her eyes and hoped for a quick answer, maybe it would be less awkward and the urge to flee wouldn't be so strong.

"Are you a girl...?", Minjeong filled terribly stupid for the question, had already flipped her book closed after the presence of another student - or rather female student - finally made itself known in the room.

"Yes." Only a brief word pressed over her lips by the red-haired Yizhuo as she wiped her sweaty palms on her pants.

Brief silence settled between the booths before bright laughter filled the room. It seemed surreal to them that they both shared the same thought processes to show up here. At the same time.

"Have you been doing this for a long time... uh?" Yizhuo immediately understood the silent question and first revealed her name before addressing the actual question. Grinning, Minjeong listened to her. "Well, that fits! I've been doing this since the beginning of the school year too. Oh, and by the way. I'm Minjeong."

"Do you always come here? So always in the east wing at the top?"

"Yes, it's even quieter here. Usually, only two boys in total come in here during all the breaks." Nodding, Yizhuo let the news sink in. She usually stayed in other wing floors, but she could never really talk about quiet there.

"Then I'll come here all the time now too. Because you're really cool, Minjeong."