sacrifice

Jisoo had never had skin-to-skin contact with a strange man at such close range.

Since she was born, she was not allowed to leave this manor.

Jisoo's dad - Baron David was a rather cautious man. When he discovered that his wife (Jisoo's mom) had fled, he increased the number of soldiers patrolling and guarding the manor.

Until her death, Jisoo's mom had never left this place. Her gravestone lay bare among the wild chrysanthemums.

Baron David did not allow Jisoo to worship her mom. According to him, her mom was a poor woman who was "spellbound by the devil".

Jisoo has never seen a devil before.

In fact, sometimes humans are scarier than demons.

Her heart is pounding. There was only a thin curtain separating her from the maids standing guard outside, meanwhile the sound of this man who suddenly appeared was absolutely not small.

Jisoo was afraid that the maids would definitely hear it.

However, no one came.

This unusual detail made Jisoo even more wary.

She lowered her voice and asked him, "Who are you?"

She lowered her voice and asked, "Who are you?"

Unfortunately, her whispering voice was overheard by the maids.

The mute maid hurriedly lifted the curtains, the sound of fabric rubbing against each other creates a rustling sound. Their shoes make very little noise when walking on the carpet, but in the stillness of the night, the sound was extremely clear.

Clomp! Clomp!

Footsteps are getting closer and closer.

Like a blind man, Jisoo's vision was still as dark as before.

However, the problem that alarmed her was not these footsteps, but at this moment the person in front of her was grabbing her chin, forcing her to look up...

...Jisoo had no way of knowing if he was "human".

A normal person wouldn't be able to make her temporarily lose her sight, and moreover, it was absolutely impossible for him to talk without being detected by outsiders.

His palm was big enough to squeeze her neck. If he had intended to kill her just now, perhaps Jisoo's head would have left neck by now.

His body temperature is much higher than Jisoo's. As he approached, Jisoo felt a breath that was cold and calm but not annoying, like a forest after a rain covered with a misty layer of frost with dangerous beasts lurking inside.

Makes her very insecure.

Jisoo has already predicted a situation.

Suppose the maid discovered an uninvited guest in her bed, fearing that this man would be surrounded by guards and killed in the blink of an eye. Even she will be severely punished by her dad.

Jisoo didn't want to think too much about that scary shadow, she decisively closed her eyes and gently let out a breath.

Let's pretend she didn't see anything.

The man's finger that was squeezing Jisoo's cheek suddenly pressed down hard, creating a deep dent in her skin. His strength was great but Jisoo still tried to endure. She heard the footsteps of the maid stop at the edge of the bed.

Her previous prediction didn't come true, the dumb maid just watched for a few seconds then turned and left.

The man still squeezed her face, his other hand slipped into the blanket, casually pinching Jisoo's waist in her terrified eyes: