But I didn't

Hello, another chapter is here!

========================================================================

"What?!" I squealed. I was not expecting to be asked that question.

"The mission you went on earlier was meant for a hashira. Yet somehow you got it and still defeated a lower moon. It is obvious you have the ability to become a Hashira." Ubuyakshiki reasoned.

"I- I don't know what to say! I'm honored!" The words flew from my mouth.

"Well, I believe you should say yes, however it is up to you." He gave me a soft smile, "I will give you some time to think on the matter also if you wish we can get you a new custom haori since your old one is only holding on to you by mear strands."

"Understood. Thank you!" I thanked him.

I was asked not to leave the estate till I had made my decision so I explored the place. It was beautiful here, I almost never wanted to leave.

"Ara Ara Shinobu no need to be so angry." I heard from behind.

"He doesn't listen! We told him to take some time off yet he still attacks another demon!" The other voice said.

I turned to see two girls with black hair both around the same age and both looked a lot alike. The younger-looking one kept yelling about who knows what and the other just listened.

"Stupid Shinazugawa! He can't take a break." The shorter one said just as I was about to leave.

"Shinazugawa?" I muttered under my breath.

My mind wandered to the hot-headed boy with many scars. I walked up to the two girls, my mind pulling me to find out more.

"Excuse me, but did you just say Shinazugawa?" I asked

"Yes..." The shorter one said hesitantly.

"Well, if he's giving you trouble, I can make sure he stays out of trouble," I suggested

"That's a wonderful idea! My name is Kocho Kanae and this is my little sister Kocho Shinobu!" The one who called herself Kanae spoke.

"Nee-san! We can just let a stranger do that!" The one who was called Shinobu argued.

The shorter one's name seemed so familiar but I can't seem to remember it clearly, so I waved the thought aside.

"Well, my name is Suzuki Hana and Shinazugawa is an old friend of mine."

"Perfect! I'll show you where Shinazugawa is resting!" Kanae said in a very happy tone

"Nee-san!" Shinobu attempted to argue but Kanae had already pushed me away from her.

We stopped outside of a normal-looking door. I stood there and Kanae went inside first.

"Hello, Shinazugawa! You have a visitor!" She spoke softly

Shinazugawa grunted in confusion until Kanae stepped aside to reveal me. Shinazugawa's eye stared in confusion for a few minutes.

"Wow, Shinazugawa-kun doesn't remember little old me from the Final Selection? I'm almost hurt by that." I spoke, putting my hands over my heart as though he had just broken it.

His eyes widened, "You're that girl! That girl who got awarded for killing so many demons!"

At this point, Kanae had already stepped out of the room.

"Wow, you only remember me for some dumb award? That hurts my feelings even more Shinazugawa-kun!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, shut up! What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was asked to come here by Ubuyakshiki."

"Why did he want you to come here?"

"He offered me to become a Hashira."

"What?! A hashira?! But you've only been a demon slayer for two years!"

"Yeah so? I bet your just jealous because you haven't become a Hashira yet!"

"Yeah right! I'm gonna become the strongest Hashira, stronger than you!"

"Wanna bet?"

The rest of the day we talked and it was nice. Unlike Giyu Shinazugawa showed emotions, but Giyu was just as good in his own way. I ended up staying with Shinazugawa throughout his whole recovery. Every day I tried to tell Giyu that I was safe but my stupid crow wouldn't listen. I soon got my new haori which was blood red with beautiful roses on the back of it. After all that time, I had finally made my decision.

"Oyakatasama." I spoke to the demon slayer corps leader

"Yes, my child." He gave me a soft smile.

"I have decided to become the Blood Hashira."

"That is wonderful! Your estate will be built soon."

"Understood."

I left as fast as I could. I ran South to the place I left Giyu. It had only been ten days; he wouldn't give up on me that easily, right? I soon arrived to find the place empty

"Giyu!" I yelled

"Giyu I'm back!"

"I'm back like I promised!"

Still no response.

"Giyu!" I screamed scared that I had lost him too.

Tears pricked my eyes, 'I should've just said yes and ran back here!'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

But I didn't...

========================================================================

Words: 797

Wow, Giyu is gone! He went poof and was never seen again lol. But anyways sorry for the short chapter I'll try to make the next one longer lol