Chapter 9

*heyy, remember to vote and comment, sorry again for taking too long*

The potion worked, y/n arrived a minute late but the professor luckily didn't seem to mind so he went on about teaching normally, until the boy she had bumped into earlier burst through the door about 18 minutes later. Sirius looked like he had just run a marathon but his eyes still had a spark of mischievousness in them.

"Sorry professor, I woke up late, won't happen again" The boy was lying about two things: Hadden had just woken up and saying it wouldn't happen again. Everyone in the class seemed to catch on to that fact except for the teacher in front of the class who dismissed his tardiness quickly and told him to take a seat next to Lily Evans. However, on his way to his seat, he was met with y/e/c orbs that were looking his way so he shot her a seemingly worried and comforting smile. Was he worried about her?

It didn't matter because as soon as he sat down next to Evans their eye contact broke. Lily had noticed their short interaction earlier in the halls and now in the middle of class. She looked at Sirius and smiled teasingly.

"What was that Black?" she asked in a low tone to avoid disturbing the explanation on muggle transportation that professor Quirrell had just resumed.

"Yeah, sorry Evans, but your little boyfriend wasn't feeling too well today, and I had to use the potion for something else, so I ran around the halls looking for someone willing to share their potion, which wasn't easy" that was obviously not what she was asking about, she wanted to know what those shared looks were but his answer seemed to distract her. She was well aware James had gotten a little too drunk yesterday, but he assured her he had a potion that would help him in the morning, why did Sirius use it elsewhere?

"What happened to the potion?" she asked, remembering yesterday's events with James. At that Sirius looked in y/n's direction, noticing she was writing everything down, at least it worked he thought, before looking at Evans and answering "I lent it to someone" he said shortly and carelessly before letting his eyes get dragged back to the other girl.

It seemed to Lily he had lent it to the Hufflepuff prefect sitting in front of them, but she couldn't believe that, could she be drinking alone yesterday, so she asked a little too loud this time "to l/n?!".

The girl mentioned turned her head quickly and stared at the pair of Gryffindors in curiosity and was met with a smile from Sirius and a frown from Lily. The boy turned to the redhead at his side and rudely whispered in her ear "yes, now will you shut up Evans, she's looking right at us", the girl nodded and began paying attention to the lesson, while y/n kept looking at Sirius hoping for an answer to what was going to, he smiled at her and shrugged opening his textbook, hoping that would be enough for her to go back to paying attention, it was.

However, Evans was now having a hard time paying attention, the girl she had classes with since her first year, the girl who helped her reach for a book on the shelf in their first charms class was now acting strange, and even though they weren't officially friends she was worried for her. So she spent the rest of the day thinking of ways to get close enough to her to find out how she could help. During her last class of the day a light bulb went off in her head, they were both prefects.

She now had the perfect plan to question the girl about what was going on.