Fifty-nine- Scarlet

"Hey, I want to," I told her, and Destiny's eyes seemed to grow warmer with desire.

Before tonight, I wasn't sure I would ever feel like this, but everything changed with Destiny. Everything was different.

I pulled Destiny's remaining clothes off and moved to suck softly on the flesh of her nipples, causing them to harden at the touch.

I could feel Destiny's heart pounding in her chest.

Any fear I had before, I had now abandoned.

I'd never wanted anything, anyone more than the way that I wanted her.

She caused my heart to ache. When she smiled at me, when she kissed me, when she breathed, I thought I'd disintegrate.

I started to trace Destiny's clit with my finger, moving forwards and backwards a few times until her breathing quickened.

"Is this okay?" I asked.

"This is more than okay," Destiny managed to get out, as her back curved.

I so desperately wanted to taste her.

I'd never been so curious to try something before in my life than I was right now.

I simultaneously circled her nipples with my tongue, as I continued to tease her clit with my fingers, before I gently entered her with them.

Destiny's legs spread apart, and she released a moan.

"Keep going, please," she said quietly.

She didn't need to tell me twice.

I continued the motion of my fingers back and forth, while circling Destiny's clit with my thumb.

Her lips parted as her breathing continued to quicken in pace.

I continued to press gentle kisses against Destiny's neck, slowly sucking upon the skin there, while feeling Destiny grow increasingly aroused with each movement.

"Scarlet," she moaned.

My heart was going to beat out of my chest. I knew it.

I continued to kiss Destiny, as I moved my hand up and down her thighs, while rubbing at her until she was grinding against me with need.

Destiny moaned again, as her legs sunk further into the bed.

"Fuck. Scarlet," she moaned, as she finished.

"You look so damn good right now," I said.

"Look in a mirror. You're- I love you so much," she said.

I felt blood rush to my face as I moved my head to trail pecks down her neck.

"I love you too," I whispered.

Destiny clutched me close to her, as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"You're my gorgeous Scarlet. You were made for me," she said. "I could swear it."

"You're my best friend, my soulmate-"

"My wife?" she asked.

"Dest-" my heart was racing.

"One day?" she continued. "We have time."

I felt my eyes sting with tears, as I nodded.

"We do," I agreed. "But it's good to have goals."

"You're my goal, Scarlet. You always have been," she said. "Making you happy is my main priority now. You're my priority."

She was mine.

"You make me happy. The connection we have- our friendship- our relationship, you've changed my universe for the better, Destiny, and I love you. I will always want you in my life. I will always be here for you."

"I love you," she said again, moving closer to kiss me.

She tasted so good.

I leant in to kiss her more.

We cuddled together for a few moments, simply enjoying being in one another's company.

"You know, considering you've never done that before, you were so good," she said.

"I want to be good for you," I said.

"You are more than good for me, Scarlet," she said. "You own my heart. It belongs to you."

"I used to think you were so out of reach. Some days I still don't feel like this is real, but it is."

"It is," I promised her.

A line etched between Destiny's eyebrows.

"Are you happy?" she asked.

"I am," I said. "Are you?"

"Always," she said.

Her brows drew together again, after a moment.

"I worry," she said.

"What about?" I asked, curiosity getting to me.

"That you'll move on from this," she said.

I looked up to meet her gaze then. It was dark, but I could see her well enough.

"You are not a phase, Destiny. You are my life," I said. "I picture it and I see you. It's always you."

Oddly enough, even when I had been with Chase, which felt like a lifetime ago, now, I had always been surer of Destiny having a part in my future than him.

I think a part of me knew what I wanted, even then.

"You treat me so much better than I've ever been treated. You know me."

I liked to think I knew her well, too.

Destiny and I had an understanding about one another that was rare to come by.

There was nobody better for me than her. I just knew it.

"Plus, you can wear my clothes," she joked.

I let out a gentle laugh.

"Do you want to go get some cheeseburgers? I'm kind of hungry," I admitted.

It was Destiny's turn to laugh.

"Sure, baby. That sounds good," she said.

We moved out of bed and pulled our clothes on, before heading out of the house so we could get in Destiny's car, so she could drive us to the local burger place.

We ordered our burgers and then drove to a local field so we could have a late-night picnic, lit by our phone flashlights. They did the job. Another advantage was that the burgers tasted delicious. I was so pleased.

"I think the universe brought us together. I don't know if I believe in a God, but I believe there was a reason why we met, Scarlet," she said.

"Kind of like fate," I said.

"There's a joke in there somewhere," Destiny said.

I smiled knowingly at her and she returned the expression.

I'd never felt as though there was anything else out there, until I'd kissed Destiny.

She had shifted the world for me, for the better.