Quinn - Now (I)

A cup of coffee slid towards me, I looked at the brew in front of me, the coffee art was cute. I looked up and smiled, placing a ten-dollar bill on the counter and then sitting down at a table.

The chair squeaked when I sat down, I had to steady the chair as it was greatly worn down, like an old pair of shoes you promised yourself to not get rid of because it has memories with it.

I took a sip of my coffee, it was hot and burned my tongue, but how I was feeling was burning worse than this coffee could ever do to me.

I was just confused, how could I be put into this situation? I always listened to my mother when I was younger on how to be careful, to not break myself down after someone doesn't treat you the way you wanted to be treated, yet why did it hurt so much? 

I hear a chair around me suddenly get pushed out, I look at the source of the loud noise and see the same piercing eyes that stared at me that day, shaming me for even thinking about coming.

It was him, the guy that decided to cheat on me. He started to walk towards the door but stopped suddenly once looking at me, I had the wrong type of chills as he looked at me up and down, then looked away, moving out of the coffee shop with such confidence, what was he confident about? Stealing my heart?

I grabbed my coffee and ran out, throwing it at him, as it splashed on his gray t-shirt.

"What is wrong with you?!" He screamed at me, shoving me back. I'm about to punch him when this girl jumps between us, she looks like an employee from the coffee shop.

"If you both are going to fight, get off the property!" She pushes us both off of each other and I'm in shock. I've never met a girl this bold.

I sigh heavily as I clutch my head in my hands. He walks off in anger, not turning back as he just leaves me there.

I wish I could just race after him and punch him, but I'm assuming my parents wouldn't be all that happy about me coming to their home in a cop car, after all, I moved out of that house for a reason.

I turn to look at her and apologize but she's already walked away, leaving me there in silence, who was she?

I sit at home, looking at his account on Instagram, hoping for at least an apology of some sort. I deserve that at most, but nothing but a bunch of pictures of this new girl.

He moved on from that last girl quicker than he moved on from me, which feels crazy since it has only been about four months. I go looking at the news for my state on google, and I find something interesting.

Death of a 17-year-old girl named Layla Parker by suicide, underneath is words from people close to her.

I skipped over that and searched for her on Instagram, her account is public as I look at the simple pictures that are posted on the account, the first one is her with some dog, a white little poodle, and its black eyes looking at me like I shouldn't be stalking a dead girl. I look at the comments, and all of them have some words for her.

xxxQueen_Trixiexxx: I am so sorry you had to die angel I'm praying for you and totally miss our classes together xoxo

Melanie.evergreen: I miss you so much, I wish you were in my geography class like we begged the teachers haha

I look away from the comments, these seem all fake, no one cares about a girl until she is dead apparently.

I scroll onto the next post and see the exact girl that stopped me and my ex from the fight. I immediately search for something that will bring me to her account, pressing around the picture until a tag pops up.

I click on the tag and look at the account, AlexanderKisner, just as simple as that, her first and last name looking at me from my phone, I press one of her photos, and wow, is she gorgeous.

She lays in a field of flowers, her head pressed against some of them, but not crushing them like a lot of people do taking photos like that. Her lips have a light pink tint, and her eyes are a soft blue hue as they seem to stare at me, it feels like she sees me, and my heart races. I think about this for a little bit, and I press the follow button.