The Big Book of History on Foire's Warfare

[A/N Warning, this chapter explains some vital to the story lore, but It is VERY long, reading is recommended to understand the story in the long run, but the choice is up to you]

62 years ago, The Alva-Fiore War ended, Fiore emerged victorious due a militia created by the guilds of Fiore Which drove back Alvarez forces. But this would not be the last battle, Alvarez would suffer heavy losses due to the entirety of their elite forces were eliminated and Fiore would be left to rebuild their government, during The Battle of Chaos named after the unorganized manner both sides fought in, Fairy tail members where able to come into contact with all nearby ally guilds and stage an all out attack on the base of operations established by The Alvarez Military.

After the battle both sides where left to lick their wounds, Alvarez without a leader or the elite generals they come to rely military's head scientist and doctors, Fiore was left to rebuild their entire government, during that time the streets were ruled by anarchy, during which the Fiore royal family where found brutally mutilated and crucified in the grand magic games arena and broadcasted to every lacrima channel in Fiore, the person responsible was never found, but in this time of hopelessness a brilliant Scientist arose and brought the Fiorian People together not with the power of weapon or might but the power of the Word and speech, this man was the 1st president of States of Fiore, Daniel Gear.

After President Gear established the States of Fiore all the was left was to prepare for the final battle against the newly formed Alvarez Republic. President Gear attempted to call a ceasefire with the Alvarez Rebuplic, however The Alvarez Rebuplic denied the ceasefire and attempted to assassinate President Gear, that of which failed that was first and last chance soon after both sides started rebuilding their army's and creating new weapons to fight a new kind of war.

The States of Fiore decided annex the guild system giving the guild members a choice of either leaving the guild and be provide assistance with finding a new job or becoming hired by the military, they where given jobs like communications Officer, Drill Sargent's, Navy officers, Air force Officers or be part of an elite group of  expert magic welding soliders known as The Warlock Unit, feared for their use of magic alongside expert marksmanship theses wizard and soliders were reliad upon for dangerous infiltration missions and leading large scale assaults on enemy forces, there were many more jobs that they could choose from. this controversial decision would have consequences after the Alva-Fiore War in the form of a attempted coup d'état 

Meanwhile

Alvarez now being governed by the countries elite scientist and doctors began researching old notes left by previous ruler of Alvarez emporer Spriggan or better know as the Black Wizar Zeref and began Fiore's genetically modified soliders know by the Fiorian Military as Mutants however the correct terminology is unknown, the Fiorian has shed little to no light on this subject, this genetic research would help Alvarez compensate for the country's population problem, due to 82.5% of the male population and 56.7% of the female population being slaughtered in the Battle of Chaos.

Some of these mutants live to this day, mainly in their own solitude however some have been know to be extremely violent, no doubt due to the effect the Alva-Fiore had on their mental state.
If you are to encounter one of these violent mutants, run or hide do not attempt to fight one of these war machines without proper heavy armaments 

As part of preparation for the war effort President gear funded a training program for wizard recruits  within the ranks of the Fiorian Military, this came to be know as the Alchemist program, this lead to the interest of many Physicist, Chemists and Doctors and began to research magic and how I can be applied to science and how it influence's our selfs and surrounding's, this study began to be know as Alchemy, the study of the chemical reactions caused by magic and how it can be used to improve our daily lives for example, a lightning wizard is told to light up a light bulb and is told the right amount of of joules needed for it to happen and by charging the light bulb with the right amount of energy created by the lightning magic, the lightning wizard completes the task or a Blood wizard is told to restrict the bleeding of an open wound, with enough careful control they safely stop the bleeding. this is the basic premise of alchemy.
This new field of science gave rise to many ideas into how to apply this into weaponry