3. Holly Jolly

Barbra Holland was officially Missing.

Rory wasn't friends with the younger girl, Nancy had introduced them in passing when she'd picked her brother up from the Wheeler household. She seemed like a lovely girl that wouldn't have dreamt of running away from her loving family.

At lunch Rory could see from her table with Robyn that Nancy was upset. Her face held worry and guilt. Rory barely heard Robyns rant about A New Hope over her racing thoughts. Were the two disappearances connected?

When the bell rang to signal lunch periods end Rory knew she had to speak to the wheeler girl.

Rory sat on the hood of her car, sunglasses shielding her eyes, cigarette between her lips and baggy leather jacket pulled tightly around her body. Her turtleneck and Alice Cooper shirt did nothing to ward off the cold she felt.

Rory watched as Steve, Tommy, Carol and most importantly Nancy approached Jonathan Byres with purpose.

"Shit, I should speak to him too" Rory realised then cursed how stupid shed been. Of course Jonathan would have information on the disappearance of his brother. "Idiot" She thought.

She gasped when Steve ripped Jonathan's bag from his shoulder and began to rip developed photos in front of the photographer. She dropped her Cigarette and stepped on it when she saw Steve drop the expensive and prized possession.

"Do you have to be such an inconsiderate and thoughtless prick, Harrington?!" She bellowed, stomping her way across the parking lot.

"Stay out of it, freak" Steve snarled. "No need to protect a pervert"

"I was just looking for my brother. I don't know why I took those pictures," Jonathan's eyes begged her to believe him.

Rory bent down to help pick up the pieces of his camera and out of the corner of her eye she saw Nancy picking up and analysing scraps of a photo.

"Come on Nance" Steve shouted as he walked away. Stuffing the photo into her bag Nancy gave Jonathan and Rory an apologetic glance before following Steve towards the school.

"Reckon this can be fixed?" She held up the pieces of the camera with an awkward grin.

Jonathan smiled sadly and took the pieces. "No"

"Ah" Jonathan began to walk towards his car. "Hey Johnathan?"

"Yeah?"

"Both Will and Barbra are missing now. Do you think they could be connected?"

"I don't know," He said, slightly irritated. Rory winced, she knew that was blunt and insensitive.

"I'm sorry. We'll find him, I'm sure." He nodded hesitantly. "Let me know if I can help with anything, Jonathan."

"Thanks"

"Oh lord that was awkward," Rory thought to herself.

Marcus was following Mike and this shaved head girl called Eleven. Mike had said Eleven knew where Will was. Lucas was sceptical. Dustin just wanted to find Will. Marcus had no clue what to believe. Today Eleven had moved things with her mind, he had even slammed a door to stop Lucas from leaving Mike's room to tell an adult.

Marcus followed behind the rest of the group completely stuck in his own mind, he hadn't realised that they had ridden to the Byres residence.

As the boys argued with El about how this was Will's how and he wasn't here because he was missing, flashing lights and sirens sped by them. Panicked, they followed.

Marcus watched as Will's lifeless body was pulled out of the quarry. His body felt heavy and bile was threatening to exit his stomach.

Will Byers was dead.