Chapter 8: A Fair Match

Candi goes into Petalburg Forest, where they find a mysterious Pokémon. However, they were unsuccessful in catching it. They then watch an intense battle between a Greninja and Magmortar. They meet the Greninja trainer known as Leo. Now follow Candi's journey through the Petalburg Forest alongside some other companions.
---

"So, the PWC is a tournament where trainers from around the world battle to become the very best?" I asked.

"Each time you defeat a trainer, your rank goes up. If you are number one in the rank, you are the Pokémon World Monarch!" said Leo.

"That is so cool!"

"Yeah, and you can sign up right now!"

"So that's why you were battling that trainer."

"Yeah!"

"Alrighty, then," I take out my Poryphone and search up about the World Coronation Series, "250,000 trainers!? That's a lot! And there are more joining!"

"New Trainer, Candi! Your rank is... Normal Class, Top 250,034!" announced a small speaker on the Poryphone.

"Hey! Now that I have this, I battle and meet other trainers! Now, who will be my first opponent." The screen on the Poryphone flashed.

"A new opponent found! Leo from the Kalos region."

"Let's have a battle," said Leo.

"Alright!"

"What!? A battle with Leo? That isn't gonna be an easy battle!" said Aiden, one of Leo's friends.

"A battle is a battle no matter who you battle. And there is only one way to get stronger, so I'll battle you!"

---

"A battle challenge has been issued

"A battle challenge has been issued. Do you wish to accept or reject it?" announced both of our phones.

"Accept!" I yelled out.

"I accept!" said Leo.

"You have been approved for an Official Pokémon World Coronation Series Normal Class Battle! Today's challengers will be Leo from the Kalos region and Candi from the Unova Region! For today's battle, each of you can choose two Pokémon! Will both challengers please bring out your Pokémon! Thank you! 3, 2, 1!"

"Lilo!"