Chapter Nine||I Need You

Chapter Nine
I Need You

TW depressive episode

Tilly did not get out of bed the next morning. Everyone in the house knocked on her bedroom door at least twice but she refused to answer.

She had no reason to get up and face everyone. Conrad already texted saying that he would take care of Berry.

She wasn't hungry or thirsty either, she just wanted to sleep.

Tilly thought she was over reacting, no one really cared that much, besides her father, but she felt a piece of her had been uncovered for everyone to see. She felt naked with no possible way to cover up.

She was mad at Belly for the first couple of hours but once her tears dried up and she could no longer see out of her bloodshot eyes, she wasn't. Belly was drunk on her bottomless pomegranate margaritas and she didn't say anything mean. It wasn't her fault no matter how much Tilly wanted it to be.

Tilly was just angry with herself for overreacting at some silly little thing. Who cares, everyone she loves accepts her.

But, her father's words still rang in her ears.

•••

"Susanna did you know?" Adam whispered into the quiet, Tilly just behind her bedroom door, listening in.

"No I didn't but that doesn't matter," Susanna said as she glared up at the man she once loved. "This is our daughter and she was clearly upset and we need to be there for her!" Susanna whisper-yelled.

Adam scoffed, alcohol prominent in his breath. "She is going to ruin our reputation!"

Susanna gasped and lightly shoved him, "you do not get to talk about my daughter like that," her voice was eerily calm it made Tilly shiver. "I want you gone. Now."

Adam scoffed before moving to the stairs, he paused for a second and looked at Susanna. "Don't come running to me when you find out how much of a disappointment she is," he sneered before leaving.

Susanna stared at his empty spot with tears in her eyes. She quickly blinked them back and walked to her bedroom. She wanted to comfort her daughter but she couldn't do that with heartbreaking sobs escaping her lips.

Tilly could here hear her mother's sobs over the fireworks. A little piece of her heart broke that night as Tilly crawled into bed.

•••

Tilly opened her eyes when she heard a knock on her door, "Tilly you should probably eat something. Beck made pasta," Laurels voice rang out but Tilly did not respond or move.

Laurel sighed when she didn't hear an answer, "j-just come down for something soon, okay?" She waited a second before walking down to the kitchen.

Everyone looked up with hopeful faces when they heard Laurel walking back down but frowned when she came in alone.

They all sat in the kitchen, trying to figure out ways on how to make their Tilly come out of her room.