Rink-O-Mania, Fuck

You, Will, Johnathan, Argyle, and El patiently waited for Mike at the airport. In all honesty, you only came because El was happy about it. Other than that you hated every second you had to wait for your crush's lover to appear. You wanted a pit to form under you and swallow you whole. Will seemed to be way more excited than anyone he looked like some wife waiting for her husband to come back from war. This was probably because he had a crush on him, for some reason it was like you were the only person on the planet to realize.
"Mike!" El's voice captured your attention as you watched her and Mike kiss. You knew this would happen but you still felt walls just crash onto you. Johnathan glanced over at you and you forced a grin.
"Oh, careful, careful, careful. You're squishing your present." Mike broke the kiss to stop her from crushing her gift. You noticed it was a flower bouquet you rolled your eyes holding back a scoff. Yeah, it was probably wrong to be mad seeing your friend so happy, but fuck it was painful. You blocked his voice while he rambled about hand picking them or something. But you couldn't help but notice a depressed look wash over El when she looked closely. You didn't know why she did but you had an idea... This only made the rain cloud over your head darken. At some point, this metaphor would become true with how angry, and depressed you were this day.
"They're perfect. Thank you." El tried to smile genuinely at Mike but it was apparent she was sad. Mike seemed to just now realize Will waiting for him.
"Hey, how are you doing?" Mike asked it seemed awkward especially considering the awkward half hug they did. Mike just didn't seem to be as happy to see Will.
"Hey, Mike." Johnathan butted into the greetings and even when seeing Johnathan the tension wasn't as bad as it was with Will.
"Oh uh, what's that?" Mike pointed to the rolled-up painting Will was holding and he looked a little nervous. All you could do was watch, you and Argyle we're just standing around. You let out a low groan and watched them continue their conversation that just grew tender.
"Rad shirt man, ocean pacific." Argyle looked at his shirt while Mike looked around confused.
"Oh, this is my friend Argyle." You couldn't blame Mike for being confused. Honestly, who brings a friend who they never met to reunite with an old friend. In this case, you were also someone the old friend never met. You were in your little world once more until Argyle pulled Mike into a hug.
"Oh no, this is a shitty knockoff," Argyle stated you held back a snort and continued watching them awkwardly interact until he looked at you.
"Who's this" Mike questioned and looked around until El went beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Y/N. My friend. My best friend" El smiled and you felt the tips of your ears turn red and heat up. Yet at the same time sadness poured over you like a waterfall. You were only her best friend. You simply stook your hand out to him for a handshake.
       "Hello to you too." He huffed out slightly scoffing. If the air wasn't tense enough to break a branch it was now.
       "O-Okay. Um, should we go?" Johnathan cleared his throat and looked between the small group.
       "Yeah, this is kinda awkward, man." Argyle stood uncomfortably and looked around.
         "Yeah so awkward..." Mike stated sarcastically. And in the next few seconds, you all were walking talking about plans. Well, Mike and El we're talking about plans. While everyone else including you, El's best friend. Who helped create this schedule. You watched El walk with such happiness it pained you. Her voice filled your ears with glee.
         "I have our whole day planned." El continued talking with Mike completely oblivious to the boiling jealousy feeling up your thoughts. You didn't even hear what she said but then Mike mentioned burritos in the morning. Then you knew they were talking about breakfast. The breakfast you had to convince El would be good in the morning. Then Rinko-O-Mania was the main subject. Shortly after it was her "friends" who you knew weren't her friends but you didn't have the heart to say anything.

-------

You, El, Mike, and Will all hopped out of the van and went into the skating rink. You noticed Johnathan say something to Will but you were too focused on the couple in front of you. The music immediately hit your eardrums as you stepped into the building. "You spin me round (like a record" Blasted from multiple speakers and it almost drowned out your thoughts.
        "Bitchin' right?" Eleven smiled and questioned Mike who seemed vaguely interested in anything she had to say. What also bothered you was the inside slang. If you could call it that. Maybe it pissed you off because she never used it with you, or maybe because she's just talking to him. Whatever it was you didn't like it. In all honesty, you felt like a jealous dumbass. Why a dumbass? Because you thought even though she had a boyfriend there was a slim chance she may have liked you back. Yet here you were watching her fall head over heels more than she already was.
        "Yeah, bitchin'. Do you come here a lot?" Mike asked looking around. It was a no, the only time you came here was for shitty parties when El and Will were busy. Other than that you would never think twice about stepping into this roller derby mosh pit of a place. That went for El and Will, actually they only went there once not even to parties.
        "It's a big party place." El started giving Will a shut-up look. You must've skipped a few minutes of the conversation because suddenly Will looked confused and depressed. El looked annoyed, and Mike looked confused.
        "Oh, I forgot. You need socks." El realized when she looked at his feet. God, you were pissed off and you saw Will give you a pleading eye to leave him owns El alone for a little. Maybe to question her about how she lied so much in the short time he was in California. Or maybe how she was acting like the two of you didn't exist. Either one would be reasonable in this situation.
       "Hey, Y/N you should go with him. So he doesn't get lost..." Will looked at you again and you sighed and nodded. You dropped your skates where you guys were sitting and El seemed to take note of how pissed you were. Mike and You were walking silently to the counter before he had to open his mouth.
       "So, when did you and El become friends" Mike looked at you trying to break the awkward silence.
       "Dunno, probably when she moved here but that's just a lucky guess" You replied sarcastically keeping your eyes in front of you. He scoffed but didn't say anything. You tried to block him out completely like he just didn't exist but he had to talk again. Luckily this time not to you but the person behind the counter.
       "Green." Mike looked at the board which had colors. You knew the colors didn't look like that in real life, but who were you to say anything you do just Els friend. Mike was handed the socks and he looked confused at the socks.
       "Oh yeah, the colors on the board aren't accurate." You forced a grin on your face and you ignored him when he went on a rant about why you didn't tell him. Eventually, you got to the other two and plopped down on the right of Will. You had too much pride to sit next to your cush when her asshole boyfriend was around. It upset El but neither of you said anything.