Warning Taken

Running.

Running.

Running from what?

I have no idea.

Why are they chasing me?

I don't know, nor do I want to know. All I know is that I must get away. Whatever behind me, this growling beast, it wants to hurt me. I must get away.

It suddenly starts raining freezing cold water.

"Time to wake up!" My mom yells. My eyes fly open to see that I am once again covered in freezing cold water.

Please tell me this is not going to be a routine thing.

After showering, I wrap a towel around myself and walk to my room to pick out clothes for the day. I grab a pair of dark skinny jeans, and a white v-neck shirt with a black zip up jacket. I brush my hair out before heading out of my room and bumping into my dad.

Wasn't he suppose to be a work?

I looked down to see that I've spilt his coffee all down his shirt by bumping into him. He doesn't look happy.

"Now look at what you've done." He growls, turning and heading back into his room, slamming the door.

I sigh, and make my way downstairs. I grab a pop tart for the road, and slip on my ankle length boots and grab my bag, heading out the door.

~

I walk into my English class and take a seat next to the window in the back. I don't bother to take my headphones out of my ears; it's not like these teachers actually do anything anyway. But I'm not complaining.

I was looking out the window at the wonderful view outside, when suddenly my view is blocked by a mini skirt and a piece of cloth that could barely even be called a shirt. I look up and am met with a pair of not so happy looking eyes.

"You're in my seat." The girl said. I pull one headphone out of my ear.

"And you're blocking my view." I replied. She growls. What is up with the growling??

"Get the hell out of my seat!" She yells. Some of the students flinch at her screechy loud voice. I laughed.

"I'm not going anywhere sweetie, so why don't you go walk your trashy self over to someone who gives a shit about where you want to sit." I replied calmly. The class, including her, stared at me shocked. I could see her gritting her teeth as she pivots on her heels and struts her way to the other side of the classroom and plops down in a different seat.

I place my headphone back in my ear, ignoring the angry glare I can feel coming from her direction.

~

I had a schedule. Go to two classes then go to my locker. Two more classes then locker, etc. This is my last trip to my locker today, and I switch out my books for the ones for my last two classes. I shut my locker to see a girl standing behind it. She smiles at me.

"Hi there, my names Jackie." She looked oddly familiar, but for some reason I couldn't place her. I smile back. "Hey, I'm Katrina."

"I seen your little confrontation with Stacy in English. I've never actually seen someone put her in her place before, it was amazing!" That's where I've seen her from! I smiled as we started heading down the hallway. "She definitely seems like fun to hang around," I said sarcastically. Jackie snorts. "Stacy is the biggest bitch, and biggest whore at this school. Her legs have been opened more times than my refrigerator when my brother's friends are over." I bust out laughing.

I think I could learn to like this girl.

We find out that we have our last two classes together. We sit next to each other as she tells me a little bit about herself. She has lived here all her life. She has an older brother who supposedly goes here, but he hasn't bothered showing up the past week.

I wish I could get away with that.

Last period lets out, and I start walking to the front of the school.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Home." I give her that where-else-would-I-be-going look.

"You walk home? How far away do you live?"

"Only two miles, it's not that bad." She rolls her eyes and grabs my arm.

"I'll drive you home."

She practically drags me out into the parking lot where the students are allowed to park. I heard a lot of laughter, mainly from girls, coming from one particular car. I look over to see a guy, at least 6foot tall, blonde hair, bright green eyes, wearing a black shirt, black leather jacket, and dark jeans, surrounded by giggling girls. His eyes flicker to me, and his brow creases.

"Who's that?" I look at Jackie, who looks at where I'm looking then rolls her eyes.

"His name's Cade. He thinks he's the hottest thing to walk the Earth. His favorite pass time is breaking any girl who gives him a chance's heart, and he's never been turned down. If I were you I'd stay away from him."

I nod, looking away from him. "Warning taken."