I'm Sorry, What?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I sigh as I wait outside Cade's study. Lance had brought me here and walked away without so much as a goodbye.

A little rude if you ask me.

The door suddenly creaks open, and I am met with those familiar green eyes.

"I was told to come speak to you about the wolf..man..wolfman thing." Cade sighs and steps to the side, allowing me to enter the room.

I walk inside and the rooms is a lot smaller than I'd imagine. There's a desk, one chair behind it and two in front of it. I sit down in the chair and Cade sits behind the desk. He looks down at his hands which are intertwined together as they rest on the desk. Time ticks by as I sit there, growing impatient and bored. I'm fixing to say something but I'm interrupted.

"Have you ever heard of a werewolf?"

I look at him like he's an idiot. "Yes, who hasn't?" He smirks but shrugs. "Have you ever seen one?" This time I look at him like he's crazy. "No..werewolves don't exist, they're the stuff of legends." Cade sighs.

"No they're not. You seen one yesterday. The man that changed into the wolf is a real live werewolf."

I stare at him, looking for any sign of humor in his face, but find none. He's completely serious.

"H-How is that possible?" I ask. Once again he shrugs.

"I'm not sure." He stares back at me, waiting for me to say something else. Then suddenly something clicks.

"Wait, there was another wolf, a brown wolf..he helped me. But that man called him-"

"Cade, yes I know." He had interrupted me. I look down as I ask the next question.

"Was that..you?" I whisper, hoping he says no.

"Yes." I can feel his eyes burning holes into my head, but I keep looking down.

How is this possible? How can a person physically change their form? How do these beings function?

"Are you afraid?" Cade's deep voice is almost a whisper. I look at him, seeing so many different emotions in his eyes. I just stare at him, but shake my head no.

It was the truth. Yes I'm sure these werewolves are very powerful and strong, but so am I. I know I can protect myself, if needed.

He physically relaxes. "Good, because there's more."

"More?" I ask confused. He nods.

"I've done some digging into your family, I know why you have always moved around." I look at him terrified. "Why did you go digging about my family history?" He suddenly looks uncomfortable, as if I had caught him off guard, and he rubs the back of his neck and looks away. "Just curiosity."

I decide to let this go for now. Besides, I'm more interested in why I've always had to move around because my parents never gave me a reason other than they need a change of scenery. Cade sighs.

"Your father is what we call a rouge. He is a wolf without a pack. Rouges often move from place to place to avoid any conflict with neighboring packs, because they are often seen as a threat and killed."

I look at him completely shocked. He stares back at me, waiting for my reaction. When I don't say or do anything, he continues.

"But, this also means that since he's your father, you have wolf blood in your veins as well. But since your mother is human, you may not have a wolf or the ability to shift, you just have the gene."

My eyes feel like they're ready to pop because they're so wide.

"S-So my f-father is a...a werewolf? A-And I have w-werewolf blood..in my veins?"

Cade nods. "Yes."

I stand, but for the second time in 24 hours, my mind is completely overloaded. I fall to the ground, unconscious.

Hey guys! Sorry for such a long wait on an update, and sorry it's so short! I've been having really bad writers block lately, and I'm just not sure where I really want this story to go. But I guess we'll find out sooner or later! I hope you guys enjoyed! :)