20 Reborn

the heroes were rejoicing. they won! all might may have been fighting for every ounce of his being but it's all done, all for one is dead and bakugou was rescued by his classmate.

but did they really win?

the sounds of cheers were muffled as y/n cried, their voice hoarse as dabi calmly gagged them with a cloth. they were shaking, eyebrows furrowed because why didn't no one come for them?

"what about me?"

shigaraki, careful not to dust Kai, gripped her jaw, turning her to the heroes who were all fussing about bakugou. "look, princess, they don' care about you. that explosive classmate of yours is much more useful to them. They forgot about you. sure, they won and sensei is defeated, but what about you?"

"what about me?"

Kai turned her head away from the grasp of shigaraki's hand, eyes turning downwards in a mix of sadness, anger, and disappointment.

"looks like we still got someone," dabi said, smirking.

"let's regroup from here," shigaraki said. "kurogiri, close the portal."

Kai looked at the rejoicing heroes once more. She slowly resigned to their fate, "who cares about me?" she thought out loud. no one.

As Kurogiri closed the portal, her eyes met with bakugou's.

He screamed. no. no. no. NO. NO NO NO NO.

The heroes became silent as the blond boy thrashed about, wanting to get to you but he was too late.

They won and yet they lost.

Because the heroes could have done something and yet they DIDN'T.

How can the ones I finally opened up to betray m-me?

Was the last thing you thaught before fading into darkness