Don't Love You Part 2: Love You Again (Billy Hargrove x Reader)

It had been weeks since (Y/N) broke things off with Billy and honestly, it had been the only thing that she had been thinking about since then.

She didn't handle it well, she knew that much. Nancy let her know that. (Y/N) could have talked to Billy earlier, been honest, done anything but hurt him like she did.

The only time she saw him was in the hallways at school. Neither of them spoke to each other, keeping their distance. Billy was always with his friend, and she was always with hers.

If she was really being honest... she missed him. She missed talking with him, she missed his touch. But she wasn't really willing to admit to that. Wasn't really willing to admit it was her fault that it was over.

***

Billy was taking it as hard as her, if not worse. He got over his initial emotional reactions by this point. But still, he was unable to escape the rush of heartbreak every time he passed (Y/N) in the halls.

Still, he ignored it. Ignored her like she did to him as he pretended like everything was normal.

At least, he tried to.

"Did you hear? Tommy asked out (Y/N)!" One of the guys at his table exclaimed as soon as he sat down.

"The hell?" Billy asked, automatically pissed. He knew that he had no right to get mad, she wasn't dating him anymore. But jealousy reared it's ugly head anyway.

"Yeah, she totally rejected him." His friend laughed. "It was hilarious."

That made him feel a little better, but still... he hated the idea of her being asked out by someone else.

***

All of their feelings culminated at the end of the day. Billy had given up on his dignity and jogged over to her as she was about to get onto the bus.

"(Y/N)!" He called, stopping her in her tracks. She looked surprised to see him. "What's this I hear about you and Tommy?"

"Nothing really. He asked me out, I told him I wasn't ready to date anyone else yet."

He raised his eyebrow at her. "Anyone else?"

She could feel heat rushed through her face, nodding cautiously.

Billy tried not to let himself hope, but as he stepped closer he couldn't help himself. "You've been thinking about us?"

"I..." The girl started to say. "I don't know."

"'I dont know' isn't a no."

"Billy..."

He couldn't help himself. "Do you still not have any feeling for me? Really?" He scanned her face for any trace of the answer he wanted.

"It's complicated."

It wasn't the answer he hoped for, but it wasn't one he hated. "It doesn't have to be, (Y/N). We can try again, no expectations. I just... I missed you."

"I missed you too." Her quiet confession filled him with a joy he hadn't felt it almost a month.

"So.." He started to grin, taking a good look at his girl. "You're gonna give us another chance?"

"Yeah."

He kissed her, taking her hand so he could drive her home. After all, he did make her miss her bus.