Prologue

"Casey get your ass in here!" You screamed with a slight smile on my face. You couldn't believe how long it was taking her. You silently laughed to yourself thinking about how she just had to find the most perfect outfit. Even though she was just going to watch a movie and go to bed.

"Calm down y/n. I'm here." She said looking at her reflection and fixing her hair. You just rolled your eyes at her behavior.

You flicked the popcorn again before looking at her. "What are you doing? Are you getting ready for a hot date or something?" She denied it with a fake pout. You giggled and went back to watching the popcorn to make sure it didn't burn.

After another few seconds of fixing her hair, the phone started ringing. You went to go grab it but she beat you to it.

You didn't really listen to anything. You just thought it was the wrong number. She hung up and walked away but the phone started ringing again. You looked at her confused and grabbed the phone this time. "Hello?"

"I'm sorry. I guess I dialed the wrong number."

You furrowed your eyebrows looking at Casey who looked worried. "Then why did you dial it again?"

"I wanted to apologize."

You rolled your eyes to Casey who frowned but when back to choosing a movie out of the big pile.

"You're forgiven. Bye."

You went to take the phone away from your face but he stopped you. "Wait, wait. Don't hang up. Something in the mystery guy's voice made you bring it back and continue. You questioned him. "I want to talk to you for a second." He continued.

You decided against it and answered with, "there are 900 numbers for that. Bye."

You turned to Casey again. "He wanted to talk to me." You told her when she looked at you questioningly.

"What a weirdo."

You agreed and turned back to the popcorn while Casey popped in the movie. A few seconds later she was back at your side when the phone went off again. "What the actual hell?" You questioned as she went to get it.

She shrugged but answered it nonetheless. "Hello?" She questioned into the phone. You couldn't hear anything from the other line beside the faint sound of static. A few seconds went by before she asked who was on the other side of the phone. Another few seconds before she responded with, "I don't think so." The conversation went on for a little bit and Casey was clearly living it up. You drowned out the next couple of answers that she gave until she started talking about scary movies. He must have asked what her favorite horror movie was and she dumbly said Halloween. After a second she responded with Nightmare on Elm Street but like it was a question. Strangely that was your favorite as well.

They continued talking about horror movies and somehow got onto the topic of boyfriends. You droned out the rest of the conversation until Casey's voice took on an unusual tone. "What did you say?" The caller responded and she told them she had to go. She quickly hung up the phone and went to check the doors to make sure they were locked and then shut the blinds.

"What happened?" You quickly asked. She looked like she saw a ghost and told you to not worry about it. You furrowed your eyebrows but again went back to the popcorn.

Yet again the phone rang and you went to grab it but Casey beat you to it. "Listen asshole-" she got cut off by the caller and you could slightly hear what he was yelling about. Something about gutting her like a fish. She went pale white in a second and asked if these calls were some sick joke. She ran to the front porch looking scared for her life.

You followed behind her as she started to be on the verge of tears. "Cay what the hell is wrong?" She didn't answer as the phone call continued. She started turning on the patio lights and you weren't expecting to see what was waiting there. Casey's new boyfriend was tied up to a chair looking like he got his ass beat. You may have never liked him but not even he deserved that.
You both shrieked and Casey started running to open the door and get him but stopped and started locking the door again. Casey started becoming absolutely hysterical.

She turned off the lights again and continued to go crazy for a few more minutes. All you could do is watch in terror as it happened. She jumped up screaming "Jason! Jason!" She looked bewildered for a second before going on about how she saw the movie 20 times. She looked terrified after a second and turned back on the porch lights. You both screamed at the sight you saw. Steve was sitting in the same chair but this time there was no chance of him still being alive.

Your friend started crying and you sat there in shock for a minute. She was still on the call though but you blocked everything out. Another minute went by and you got the immediate sense to fling your arm up by your face just as the window completely shattered.

After a second of thought, you both bolted for the front door. You stopped and grabbed the knife off of the kitchen island from where you left it earlier.

When you got back into the corridor you didn't see Casey anymore. You looked forward and the front door was still closed and latched. Then you heard the muffled screams of your friend coming from outside. You ran to see the kitchen door open and as you walked closer your friend's screaming got louder. You silently looked out and a second later her screams went dead. You assumed the worst and ran back into the house trying to find the phone that you thought she dropped. After a second you realized that she had run with it and it must still be with her.

Another minute of panic went by before the front door opened. You assumed it was the killer but soon heard Casey's dad start talking.

You breathed out a slight sigh of relief before running to meet them in the entry hallway. They hadn't fully shut the door and when you got to them you had caught a glance outside. Without thinking you let out a blood-curdling scream and they turned to see what scared you so badly. Casey's mom ran out onto the porch before falling into a crying heap and her husband followed soon after. All three of you stared at Casey's hanging body from the tree. Someone nearby must have heard all the shrieking and called the cops because they got there in just a few minutes. However, when they got there you were passed out in the hallway from blood and air loss.