Chapter 5

"Did you find him?" Sidney's worry was evident in her voice as Dewey tried to calm her down.

"Are you sure it was the Hilton?"

She nodded slightly returning with, "at the airport."

"He isn't registered there," he started with dread filling his voice. "Could he have stayed somewhere else?" Sidney just let out an exasperated sigh saying she didn't know. "Don't worry. We will find him. I'll be right back." Until then you had just been staring at the floor not noticing anything around you. Now you looked up to the windowed room that they had taken Billy into.

You took into notice that he looked tense and your mind wavered again between if you truly believed he did it or not. After another minute of him and the sheriff talking he sat back and looked out the glass. Without meaning to you locked eyes with him. You noticed the scared look in his eyes which pushed him into the 'not the killer' section of your mind.

After yet another minute they started taking him to the cells for booking. "Sidney. Y/n. Come on you guys know me! Come on look at me." He kept crying out for you guys. Sidney just cowered further into the blanket she had while you propped your head out of Dewey's jacket to watch him being walked away.

Once he was out of your sight you looked back to the floor that you had made your watching space. Sheriff Burke and Dewey were talking about the costume bag Dewey was holding and you recognized the picture on the plastic as the cloak and mask the killer wore.

Finally, you realized that Tatum was there when she voiced that she wanted to go. You hadn't realized that she had met you guys there. "I'm sorry Deputy-Dewey-Boy but we are ready to go now ok?" She snapped standing between you and Sidney. The rest of the officers started snickering at how Tatum addressed her older brother. You wanted to get mad at her, but you knew it was the only way to get home now.

Sheriff Burke nodded and told you guys to go out the back so you wouldn't have to deal with the press. After the walk through the short hallway, Dewey left you guys to go and get the car. You all had your back turned when you heard the fast click of heels on the gravel. "Y/n! Sidney! What happened? Are you both alright?" The question seemed innocent enough but you knew better than to think it was.

Tatum tried telling her to go away but you finally spoke up. "No, it's fine Tatum. She's just trying to do her job, right?" You asked with a sarcastic smile. She nodded excitedly. "So how's the book coming?"

She smiled at the obvious attention going to her, "It will be out later this year." You tried being the bigger person saying you would look for it and started turning away. However she couldn't leave it alone, "I'll send you and Sidney signed copies." You swerved on your heel and brought your fist straight to her left cheekbone. She fell into her cameraman from the impact and you started walking to the car that had pulled up with Dewey in it.

All four of you drove away while Dewey was complimenting you on your right hook. After a minute, however, your hand started throbbing and you tried to shake it out even though you knew it was going to be no help. "Wait till we get home and I'll get you an ice pack for that fist of yours." Dewey chuckled keeping his eyes on the road.

You gave a slight smile looking down at your hand. Tatum let out a laugh at what Dewey said with Sidney joining in. After another second you started as well. You quickly realized it was the first time you laughed in three days. Soon after you guys arrived at the Riley household and went inside to eat something. Half an hour later you were on your way to Tatum's room to get changed and go to bed.

When you were all done getting into your pajamas Dewey came in and tossed you an ice pack before going to his own bed. Tatum flopped onto her bed imitating Gale. "I'll send you a copy. BAM! Bitch went down. I'll send you a copy. BAM! Y/n, super bitch. You're literally so cool."

You slightly flipped your hair saying, "I know." Sid let out a slight chuckle climbing into the other bed with you. You had never asked her but Tatum had two beds in her room. You didn't mind because it meant you only had to share a bed with one other person instead of two but it did always make you wonder what she usually used the other bed for when you and Sid weren't sleeping over. You shrugged your shoulders in your head and put the thought aside when Mrs. Riley came back in saying someone was on the phone for Sidney. Tatum tried telling her to take a message but Sidney decided to get up and deal with it.

"No!" You heard Sidney yell out in the hallway, and within five seconds you and Tatum were in the hallway with Mrs. Riley banging on Dewey's door.

"Sidney just hang up." You pleaded with your sister, and after another second she did. Dewey came out right after and you guys went to bed as Dewey looked crazily around trying to figure out what was wrong. After a second you heard Sidney muffle a soft sob and saw the tears on her face. Rubbing her back you both went into the extra bed and tried sleeping while nightmares of your life haunted both of your minds.