5 | And now, I hear

My Beloved (Y/N),

You might chuckle at the sight of me pouring my heart out in what feels like a scene from a cheesy romance flick, but given the circumstances, I think I'm entitled to a little sentimentality. Remember when our story began? It was on the school grounds, under the sprawling branches of that beautiful sakura tree. You had me enchanted from the moment I laid eyes on you. The way you would casually be lost in your own little world, giggling at the written words from a book, oblivious to the strange glances you were receiving. I found it to be lovely.

It took me days to gather the nerve to approach you, to break through the walls of your solitude with just a simple hello. And when I did, your smile lit up the whole damn world. We clicked instantly, like two pieces of a puzzle finally finding their match. Oh, how I miss those carefree days.

Do you remember our little promise? The one we made under that same sakura tree? The promise to watch the fireworks together again, even though we'd just seen them a few days before? I remember thinking you were adorable and silly for being so optimistic about it, and I gladly went along with it. Little did I know then that it would be our last.

When I saw you lying in that hospital bed, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I watched you struggling to sit up, determined to keep your promise even in the face of adversity. And when you raised your pinky finger, sealing our vow with nothing but a touch, I couldn't say no. I promised to fight for you, to do everything in my power to keep you with me. But fate had other plans.

I can't shake this feeling of regret, of wishing I could turn back time and change the course of our story. I regret not cherishing every moment we had together, not realizing just how precious each second was.

I regret witnessing you go. I regret that I couldn't keep my promise. I regret that I couldn't keep our
promise.

Several months have passed since we last saw you. And I can't do it, I can't do it (Y/N). Why did you have to leave? Why didn't you keep the promise? Why did you have to leave me?

If only I hadn't spoken to you that day in front of the sakura tree, would things be different? Would you still be here? Would you still be happy? We don't know that. but if only I knew, I wouldn't have approached you that day.

The fireworks festival is coming soon. If you were here, you would've been so excited by now, planning our evening down to the last detail. I can't help but feel a pang of sadness knowing you won't be here to share it with me. It's hard to believe you're gone.

I miss you more than words can say, (Y/N). I wish things could've been different. I wish you were still here with me.

Forever yours,
Kazuha