Chapter 16, Fai's sister

As expected, Rafael ignored me the next day and sent me on a mission with Jacob to defeat four of Dougleman's spies who were attempting to spy on us.

In dark cloaks to blend in with the darkness of the night, we stayed still and silent on the rooftop, waiting for the four spies to show up. We stayed there for hours in silence until we heard someone whisper, "Be quiet, they could be onto us. We have to find a way to sneak into the mansion without them noticing."

We could hear them, but we couldn't see them. I exchanged a glance with Jacob.

"You think we can't see you?" A cold voice behind me snickered.

Jacob and I drew our swords and stood back-to-back.

"Don't hide like cowards, face us like men!" Jacob barked.

A figure in a dark cloak flung their sword at me. A female voice shouted, "You killed my brother, and you will pay!"

I lunged at her and she flung herself backward, her hood falling off her face. When I looked at her, I knew who her brother was. She looked just like Fai Guang.

"I told him not to get himself involved with Dougleman's crew, but he didn't listen, because all he wanted was to bring our mother back to life! She was all we ever had after our father abandoned us at a young age. Just three years ago, our mother passed away from a deadly illness. I was left with my brother, the only family member I had left. Now he's gone and you leave me no choice but to kill you!"

Before I got the chance to duel with her, three hooded figures stabbed her in the heart and kidneys. Three vital areas. She was done for.

"I told you she wasn't one of us."

"Good call."

"If she was, she wouldn't try to kill the girl. Master said that he was going to be the one to kill her."
It was true. Dougleman's men weren't supposed to kill me. No time to think. I flung my sword at the one on the left, slicing his head off. Like a boomerang, my sword came back to me.

"Hey, that's my move!" Jacob laughed, performing the same on the cloaked figure on the right.

"What can I say? I learned from the best."

Only the one in the middle was left. Before he could escape, Jacob's wings emerged from his back and he flew toward the last man standing, ripping his microchip off his neck before ripping his head off with his bare hands. Even in his half-demon from, Jacob was monstrously strong.

"That's over. Help me get rid of the bodies," Jacob ordered.

But I was looking at Fai's sister. She'd lost everything and died alone. She didn't deserve to die.

"I want to give this one a proper burial. She was only trying to avenge her brother."

Jacob stared at me like I was crazy. "She tried to kill you."

"She had every right to want to." I carried her corpse with ease. She looked so young and was so small. She was only about 10.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Whatever you say."He carried all three of the dead men's corpses, muttering something about "that stupid girl," and "dumbasses."

I went down the stairs leading to the ground, carrying Fai's sister in my arms. When I reached the sand by the water, I put her down pon the sand. I took off the necklace I was wearing and put it on her. I lifted her up and walked into the water until it reached my chin. I let her float in the water, watching her until she disappeared out into the open.

It wasn't a proper burial, but I didn't want to burn her body with Dougleman's men. Fai and his sister weren't evil. Fai wanted his mother back, and his sister wanted him back. He was Dougleman's toy. In the end, with Roland being himself, he won't give his men anything. They were all being used.

Fai's sister would see Fai and her mother in heaven soon enough.