Chapter Five

Was something not supposed to happen by now? And then just like that, I felt it, an energy, cold and full of electricity, travelled up my spine, through my arms and right to my fingertips. Goosebumps had formed on my arms. It felt familiar to me the other day when my uncle found me. So, this must be my energy.

What was that, though? I could sense something else. At first, I thought it was Augustus, but surely it could not be him. I never felt like this when he was around. Somehow, I was sure that it was not him. I don't know why, but it felt different. It felt like it was part of me, yet at the same time unfamiliar. Rather than cold like mine, it was warm and tinder. I did not know what to make of it. So, I let it go, even though my curiosity was itching for me to find out, who it might belong to. Uncle had said to focus on sensing my energy, so that I could connect with myself on a deeper level.

I thought it would have been much harder than this, but I guess deep down, I always knew there was something more.

Huh, magic? Who would have thought? Me a witch? But then again, my life had always been weird and unexplainable.

I guess, coming to terms with the fact, that I was a witch was easier than coming to terms with being a necromancer. Chills went up my spine, as I was avoiding the inevitable part that, I also was a necromancer. I thought that the fear that, I was feeling towards that part of me, was justified. Especially when I thought of my uncle's words, that kept repeating in my head. The awful things that my father had been capable of. Could you blame me though?

But then I thought about it, the unjustified treatment of many necromancers and their families. Could they all be bad? Was my father all bad? I sighed; I was being prejudiced against people, who I was partly part of. Mum would have told me to accept the good parts and the bad parts of myself. But the thing was, how can I accept that part of myself? When mum had been living in fear of my father coming back for me for so many years. There were so many thoughts running around in my head and I couldn't find a place for them all.

Rowan:

Sam had stood behind me, as I wrote the messages. He had laughed at me and asked how I would know if she would come. "Let's just hope she does." I had said tiredly. "Oh, my poor little Row has finally written to a girl. They grow up so fast," he had said as he had patted his eyes dry mockingly. I rolled my eyes.

We had got the contact of the girl, through a girl named Stacy, she was supposedly her friend.

She had come on to me and wanted to go to a party together. She even mentioned the girl and showed me a picture of her. When I saw the picture, my eyes widened. There it was, the tooth, around her neck in a pendant. A rush of relief had washed over me, I thought I had lost all chances of finding out what had happened. Now, one thing was for sure, I had to meet up with the girl and get her to hand over the truth. I just needed to get the tooth. I know it seemed dumb and pointless, but it could lead us to where it happened. It was the last thing; we knew of that remained of him.

Sam had sensed something at a tree in a forest and I had made him try a spell, that could locate the tooth. It had been pointless at the time, as it was as if it had disappeared in thin air. And here it was around a girl's neck. Sam had said that it was without a doubt the one we were looking for.

This search for answers had been going on for years, ever since I was kicked out of my pack. The incident of the werewolf being haunted was one of many cases, he was just another one.

I refused to back down on my own beliefs. I knew something had been going on and I was not going to be part of it nor was I going to be silent. My father could fool everyone else but not me. I clenched my hands in a fist, blood boiling through my veins. Just the thought of my father made my blood boil. He had no sense of responsibility, he had just been scum given a title, such as alpha. And with that comes a very important role to protect and lead. That's come of a man who was neither a protector nor a leader. So, I didn't expect him to know how to be those things and do the right thing, especially towards my mum.

I had finally changed into some other clothes; Sam had said that he would wait in some other place. Parties were not really his thing, which kind of surprised me. The girl who I was supposed to meet up with was on her way. Her so-called friend kept clinging to me, which irritated the hell out of me. I looked at the human girl and thought, how could she be so oblivious? I had been standoffish towards her, and she had not sensed a thing. I asked her "when will your friend be here?" "Well, she lives quite far away but she will be here " she had replied with a pout. Some people just didn't have common sense and this girl was clearly one of them. After a while of waiting, I saw her in the crowd, and our eyes met. I felt my throat tightening and a chill went up my spine. I had never felt this feeling before, never. I was usually not the type to socialise or create friends.

Something was drawing me to her, and I couldn't help it. She looked furious though and would rather look anywhere else but at me. I was taking in her features long dark hair, almost waist length. She had these almond-shaped eyes, that were dark but not enough to be black. Her lips were pouty and full with a reddish tint to them. I couldn't see much of her skin, but her face was olive-toned. I didn't know what had come over me, but I needed to get a grip.

I hadn't realized that she was about to leave, so I shouted, "wait!"

She turned around and replied, "what? " with a lifted eyebrow.

I smiled at her and said, "follow me".