Chapter Two

I looked at her with raging anger, requiring an answer from her. But she just smiled a big smile, as she tried to hide behind the guy. I started to slowly walk away, but the guy stepped forward and grabbed me lightly by the shoulder and said "wait!"

I turned around; "what?" lifting an eyebrow.

He smiled and said, "follow me"

I looked at him confused. Shaking my head no, and attempted to leave for a second time. This time, he took hold of my hand and pulled me with him. We finally stopped in a hall upstairs. I looked around, disgusted with the sight, I was met with. Someone had thrown up on the floor, and a second person had passed out on the floor next to the one who had thrown up.

I felt sick, smelling the puke. I looked up at his eyes. I hadn't gotten a chance to look at him and those eyes got me feeling like I was pierced to the ground. They were orangey brown and specks of a diamond-coloured amber. He spoke but I only saw his mouth move without me listening. He came closer and closer and before I knew it he was inches away from me.

"Can you hear me now?" he whispered into my ear.

I..I...I yees I can hear you" I stuttered my way through. Gosh darn it, I was never this nervous.

"Good, then you might be able to answer me, where you found this" he pointed to a picture from my Facebook profile. It was a necklace with a pendant of a wolf tooth. After I had found it, I searched forever for what type of tooth it was. The closest match was a wolf, even though it was slightly larger than a wolf's teeth.

" I was in the forest and I found it near the big tree near the river," I answered a question formed on my face.

I was actually wearing the necklace at the moment. Cold sweat was forming on my back.

" It is of value to me could you give it here," he said pleadingly. I was about to take it off before a voice said. "don't! Don't give it!" I was looking around for the source but to no avail. He looked with a confused face. "Come on, give it here" he was starting to sound rude.

" Why is it of value to you may I ask?" I said as I sensed the danger I was in. He could literally rip it from me and I could do nothing about it.

" You, my lovely, wouldn't quite be able to comprehend the meaning of it," he said smugly.

I was starting to get irritated, "finders keepers," I said as I ran fast down the stairs.

I ran as fast as I could, and the crowd of drunk people came to my advantage. As I got to the front door, I remembered I came with a bus and I lived several blocks away. The bus has stopped working at this hour. I had hoped I could get a lift by Stacy.

I was hiding at a dead end. Which was the stupidest thing a person could do. But I had no choice, at least I came in my converse.

I saw a ladder and ran to it and started to climb it. I was actually surprised he had not caught up considering his tall muscular build.

Finally, I reached the top and found myself faced with amber-coloured eyes. I felt my grip loosen from the ladder and was about to fall. He gripped hold of me and it looked like it hurt him for some odd reason. He managed to pull me up and then held his hand to himself. I looked at every which way I could escape, but no luck. He looked at me with anger, "will you just give it here, so I can be on my way?" he said irritated. I was backing away from him, nearing the edge. He came nearer. One would think of me as stupid, for listening to a voice in my head. But something just didn't feel right.

" Why are you being so persistent? , Why can't you just let it go? Not like a tooth could mean that much." I was nervous so I asked several questions. Of course, I wasn't sure he'd answer any of them.

He looked at me " they have significant power the emotions and energy a creature creates through its life, get stored in the body" he said tiredly. Out of nowhere, someone tsk'ed.

I turned around and right there stood a red-haired guy with a red glow on his body. His eyes were glowing red too. I felt my body tense up, trapped between two muscular men, that had an aura around them that scared me. A shiver ran up my spine. The voice that had spoken to me earlier said " hold out your hand". I reluctantly held out my hand and the guy with the amber eyes fell back. I was staring unable to comprehend that I had done that. The voice said, "no time to stare run!"

I ran for my life, adrenaline had kicked in and I had run the fastest my body had ever run. I didn't dare to look behind me. When I was sufficiently far enough, I paused to breathe. I sighed a relieved and shaky breath. My side had started pricking from all the running. I leaned up against the wall, closing my eyes, exhausted and confused. I looked at my hands.

I looked around for some kind of person who might have followed me. But there was no one. "Who are you and why can I only hear you?" I spoke into the chilly night.

"Well, you're a witch." The voice replied in a voice like it was obvious. " However, I don't know how you have the ability to speak to the diseased." He added.

"Wait, what?! Me a witch?" I stammered.