(Chapter 1) Strangely Enough...

Gregory needed a reason to be in that restaurant, and for what reason would some tweenage kid to hang around in a run-down pizzeria? To eat said pizza of course!

Gregory explored the nearby neighborhoods finding that he can earn some bucks from mowing lawns and walking dogs. (He couldn't believe just how primitive it was in this time! No one had a single automatic lawnmower!) Just enough to pay for a massive pizza slice everyday and a soda for the end of the week. For two weeks he did work for two families regularly, given how this town seemed to be dying, so most were tight on money.

Gregory did walk around Freddy Fazbear's, but didn't pay much attention to the games and fun most of the time. Why would he? He didn't have 1985's money! (or much at all for that matter.) He couldn't waste his time on silly out-dated games! He had to get home back in his time. He left the place fairly soon after making sure to double check every room he could get to.

One day he decided that maybe he should get a closer look at the rabbit and briskly walked by acting like he was heading to the arcade. It had this purple bow tie with two black buttons beneath it. Nothing that notable. But there was this other thing he noticed: a single line of pitch black streaming out of one of it's eyes, almost looking like it was slightly sobbing silently. Even weirder, the rabbit never moved and inch, taking no breaths and only looking around the room.

Is it a ghost? Gregory wondered, his pockets suddenly heavy. He allowed the tips of his fingers to grasp what seemed to be a coin inside of his khaki shorts. He scanned both sides each saying "Faz-token" above and below the face of classic Freddy Fazbear.

What the actual heck? How in the- you know what? I'm only here because of a time traveling ball pit, did I expect everything to be normal or logical in this place? Gregory thought to himself. WHY would this happen though? To ME? I'm probably the only time traveler here, but still. Why am still asking questions? Oh yeah, because I have common sense.

He had a sudden epiphany. He remembered the messages about these "Princess Quest" arcade games and how they had to be played in order. Maybe if he played some of these games he would find something. A clue, or heck, even the key to seeing the his Freddy again. But to his groaning, nothing seemed wrong or weird with any of the games at first. Though he had to admit he did have some fun. Until he got to "Circus Baby's Collection".

The game was about collecting balloons and ice cream and stuff that Circus Baby dropped from above in a basket. You moved this basket up, down, all around. Gregory was doing really well when suddenly Baby's appearance started altering.

She began to look more slender, her pigtails less like orange boomerangs and more like actual hair, her clown nose being swapped out for a regular one. The dropping motion of her hands changed too, it looked like she was waving to him. Then the items started changing. Balloons became hunks of gray, and ice cream? That was now gear shaped. Birthday cake became rather unappetizing when it was swapped for skulls and bones.

The basket suddenly dropped to the bottom of the screen as it darkened. Gregory jerked the joystick, but it did nothing to change the course of the object.

Gregory looked around to see if he was the only one seeing this: turns out the rest of the kids found the games on the other side of the room way more entertaining.

He turned back to the screen. His basket had dropped halfway down the screen, and now it was no longer surrounded by just blank darkness.