(Chapter 3) The Chopping Block

POSSIBLE TRIGGER ALERT! POSSIBLE TRIGGER ALERT! WOO! WOO! WOO!

This chapter contains:

-mild violence
-attempted child murder
-attempt to idealize death

You have been warned.

...

Gregory stopped in front of the door. Was he really about to break in to someone's home just because of a hunch? Then he heard a terrified scream, followed by the bear's laughter, and loud, metal footsteps. Running footsteps. Gregory knew loud, metal, running foot steps.

Yes, yes I am, He thought.

Fetch had caught up to Gregory, now glaring at him. Gregory just sped into the house. He didn't even think about it.

He soon noticed that the house was even more cluttered up than the yard. Did a hoarder live here?

  The sounds led him up the stairs, down a hall that turned to his right. And at the end of the turn stood the bear. Gregory hid behind the wall, poised to flee. Peeking out, he saw that The bear was holding the knob of a door.

He just then took in just how big the beast was. It was easier not to notice as much even the previous distance, but now that the bear was like two meters away, standing so close to the normal human sized door, it looked like it could eat an adult. If the bear did have a stomach hatch, most people could fit. Its rusty joints would have deceived him into thinking it was slow, if not for the chase before.

Fetch positioned himself right by Gregory. After the dog gave him a angry look, Gregory turned his attention back to the bear.

  "Silly Millie, you know the door won't hold forever~!" The giant robot said, practically screaming, "If you think anyone or anything is going to get here and get you out of this in time, your dead wrong!" It burst into a cackle so obnoxiously laid that Gregory covered his ears for a moment.  

Does he expect the neighbors not to hear this? Gregory wondered.

"So why not open the door? The result is the same either way~," the bear said, the first sentence like it was showing false concern, "Just open up, make it easier for both of us!" The bear shut its trap for a moment. Maybe the 'Silly Millie' character was talking. "Cupcake, you have no where to hide in there!" It added,

That was a surprise given the rest of the house's state. It was probably all her parents junk and they just kept it out of her room.

"You've been stressing yourself a lot lately. We are both well aware of how rotten the world is."

Finally, the robot was spitting out something Gregory could confirm.

It continued, "I can insure that it will all be over in a moment. After all, I'm your friend, till. The. End."

Gregory didn't like what it was saying. Not in the slightest.

There was more silence for a moment. Gregory glanced back at Fetch, who was perfectly still, like a statue, and then back at the bear. It fiddled with the knob a little bit.