Moving In The New House;

"The house is yours!" Exclaimed the realtor as she grabbed the signed papers from you. She reaches over to shake hands, and you accept the gesture happily.

That happened around a week ago. Now, you're watching the moving truck drive away after the workers placed your furniture inside the house.

The house you moved into was on this new street called Lovers' Lane. An odd name, you think. However, when your brother presents the offer of a house within your budget and at a reasonable distance from the hospital you've been promoted to, who are you to say no?

It was a beautiful black two-story house with white trim. There was a garage separate from the house, much to your dismay, but at least your car had its own little home too. The driveway had a path that connected to your porch.

As for the house itself, the entrance is a wooden foyer with stairs leading to the second floor. To your left was the dining room, and to your right was the living room, both connected to the kitchen.

The furniture had already been placed. There were bookshelves and plants in the foyer so that it wouldn't feel empty; there was a TV mounted above a table, a sectional sofa, and a round coffee table in the living room. From the living room, going up forward and left, was the kitchen.

The kitchen floor remained wood, but the counter and island remained the same color scheme as the house outside. Black with white trim. To the far left of the kitchen, there was a guest bathroom, along with a washing machine and dryer right across from it. That was the ground floor. All the furniture has been placed where you instructed it, but it lacks decoration and other things in the storage compartment.

Going up the stairs in the foyer, there was a space dividing the parallel bedrooms. I should place some plants up here, you thought as you looked side to side. The bedroom to your left was the guest bedroom, which had its own bathroom as well. The bedroom on your right was yours. Although it was a bit smaller than the guest bathroom, you had the luxury of this room being connected to a studio. It had more space for you, and the bathroom was bigger.

You stood outside, admiring the house. It's definitely an improvement from that tight apartment. You think about how grateful you are to your brother for this deal, an upgrade from that apartment you were in. You exhaled a breath of triumph as you placed your knuckles on your hips with a small smile on your face. This is it, you thought.

You turned to open the car trunk when a merry, high-pitched voice caught your attention. "Hi there!" You turned around to see a tan girl approaching you.

When she approached you, you noticed she was an inch or two shorter than you were. "Are you just moving in?" She asked, watching as you opened your trunk and revealed the several boxes inside. She seems nice.

You smiled and crossed your arms, shifting your weight on one leg. "Yeah, the moving truck just left, so all that's left are these things." You gestured your head to the inside of your car, where the girl leaned in to take a look.

"Oh, that seems like a lotttt." She exaggerated by prolonging the last syllable while you chuckled. "Do you need some help? I've got some friends with me right now that would be happy to." She grinned with her eyes closed as she offered.

"Oh Irene, really? I wouldn't want to interrupt your day together." You replied, your hands switching to hold each other in front of you.

"Nonsense! All we had planned today was to check out Ikea for some furniture, and we're just walking back home now."

"Ah, well, I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me." You smiled and watched as she turned her back to you and called over a few names from the other side of the road.