Talking In The Grocery Aisle;

"Thank Irene, I'm finally done." You breathed out, plopping down on your couch after you had finally unpacked everything from those boxes. "Ew, I'm sweaty."

You wiped the sweat off your forehead with the back of your hand. Then you heard someone knocking on your door. "Oh, come on. I just sat down." You groaned, closing your eyes tight, before pushing yourself off the couch.

When you opened the door, you were greeted by a smiling Aphmau. "Hi, Y/N! Would you like to eat lunch with us?" She asked cheerfully.

"Oh, today?" You asked, leaning out of your door frame.

"Yeah, around 12. Since we just moved in, we don't really have a lot right now, so we're going to buy necessities for our houses."

"Huh. Well, I'm pretty much done with my house-"

"What!? Didn't you just move in yesterday? Plus, this road was pretty reserved until yesterday because we... had some connections." Aphmau placed a hand on her hip and tilted her head to the side. You chuckled.

"I have connections too. Anyway, I'm not opposed to going out and eating with some friends! Who's coming?" You smiled gently.

"Just the people you met yesterday, plus some other friends." She replied, rocking herself with her heel and toe. "I'm sure you're going to love them." She looked excited to introduce you.

"I see..." You bit the inside of your lip despite smiling at the girl. You were excited, but you were also kind of nervous since, as Aphmau told you, they've been longtime friends and you just arrived a day ago. "Well, I'll be there! Where's our meeting point?"

"We'll be eating at Ikea first before going to the mall right next to it. You'll find us waiting outside Ikea!" Aphmau said. "See you there, Y/N!" You waved her goodbye as she jogged off your porch before closing your door and glancing at your clock. It was almost quarter to 12. You wince.

"Sorry, Aph... Might be late." You whispered to yourself while you made your way to your bathroom.

You parked your car in one of the slots right next to Ikea. You looked out your window to see if Aphmau was there, and there she was, accompanied by Aaron, Garroth, Zane, Laurence, and four other people you didn't recognize. Taking a deep breath, you lightly squeezed the steering wheel before letting go. 12:15 PM, you made an audible 'yeesh'.

You pulled down the sun visor and looked at your reflection, checking to make sure you looked okay. You had worn a white shirt underneath your favorite wool vest, black dress pants, some white sneakers, and a satchel.

You shook your hands while letting out a long breath before turning the key to shut down your car. You stepped out of your car and checked yourself in the window one last time before locking the car.

You jogged over to a waving Aphmau and Garroth with a sheepish smile. "Oh my Irene, I am so sorry that I'm late. I just finished unpacking everything when Aphmau dropped by, so I had to shower." You apologized while approaching the group.

"Don't worry about it, we're just happy you made it!" Aphmau said, reaching out for a hug, which you happily accepted. "Y/N, let me introduce you. This is Katelyn, Kawaii-chan, Dante, and Travis. There's one more person, but she's never up when the sun is." You looked at her, confused by the last statement.

Then you looked at the four people you hadn't recognized earlier and smiled.

Except Dante didn't pay attention to you and was staring into the distance. "Looks like one of your friends is out of it." You pointed to Dante while chuckling, and everyone looked at him, confused. Travis elbowed him.