Babysitting A- Wait, That's My Neighbor;

You were on your way home from your tour of the hospital you'd be working at next week. When you parked your car inside the shed, you saw Aaron across the street. He noticed you as well, raising his arm up high to wave at you, to which you returned the gesture.

You watch as he sets his hand down first before turning to open his door, before immediately slamming it shut. You tilt your head, confused, and watch as he just stands there for a moment with his head down. "Aaron, is there something wrong?" You shout for him across the street with your hands cupped around your mouth.

He spins around and forcefully smiles your way. "Y-Yup, everything's fine!" He replied, before turning back to the door. His shoulders rose and fell slowly, as if he took a deep breath before he entered the house.

Your lips form a line as you think about whether or not you should check if everything is fine, just like Aaron said. I'm sure they're probably fine, you think while staring at the door to their house. You make a creaking noise with your voice, showing your uncertainty in your own words. Aaron seemed really taken aback.

You inhale deeply before deciding to finally walk across the street to their house. You raise your knuckle to knock on the door, "Who's there?" Aphmau called from inside the house.

"It's Y/N! I just wanted to check if everything's alright?" Your pitch wavered a little at the end. There was no response, but there were muffled conversations happening inside before Aphmau replied again.

"Yeah! Come on in, the door's open!"

You place your hand on the knob and twist it, letting yourself in the house. You're greeted by Aaron, who you saw walk in hesitantly, and Aphmau, who is holding a baby.

Aphmau's holding a baby!?

You raise your pointer finger at Aphmau then to the baby. "That's not... yours, is it? I swear I would have remembered if you told me you had a baby."

The aforementioned baby was trying to turn itself around to hide in Aphmau's neck. "Oh no, of course not! But I like to call him my wittle baby," she said, poking at his cheek. "Right, Zu-Zu?"

"I'm not your baby!" Your eyes widen at what you just heard.

"That baby just talked." You point out the obvious, glancing at Aaron with a stressed look on your face. "Tell me that baby just talked." The three people in the room, aside from you, all glance at each other before Aaron ultimately sighs.

"Yes, the baby talked... because that isn't a baby. That's Zane."

... "You're kidding." Aaron shrugged his shoulder and shook his head slowly. "But... What? Zane?"

The baby, Zane, spun himself around in Aphmau's arms to hide himself from you. He couldn't tell if the red on his face was anger because Aphmau let you in after he screeched not to, or if it was embarrassment because you had to see him like this. "Do you remember that friend I told you about that isn't out during the day? Well, her name's Lucinda, and some of her potions collided on Zane at the same time, which resulted into..." She hopped Zane in her arms. "This..."

"Potions?"

"She's a witch."

"She's a witch?"

"Okay, uh... Yeah, so Lucinda's a witch, but I promise she's really great, and her potions don't always lead to stuff like this! I swear she needs to move on to using plastic and not glass. We were helping Lucinda move, and Zu-Zu ended up dropping a box of potions onto him."

You recall hearing that there were some schools outside of yours that had witchcraft as a class, but you never really cared to believe it. Your high school never offered it, and you didn't attend those schools, so why would you bother? You hum at Aphmau's explanation, taking a moment to process the news you just received. You inhale deeply once again before stepping toward Aphmau and looking at the turned-away Zane.