Closure - part 5

two weeks later

---

"Hey, Teddy!", Amelia greeted the blonde after opening the door. "Hi, Ally.", she smiled at the little girl who embraced her tightly before she went to see her dad. "So, are you ready for Germany?", she began a random smalltalk.

"Yeah, I really need the one month away from Seattle.", the cardio surgeon answered. "Are you sure it's fine? I mean two of the kids who are going to live here during the next month aren't yours, I feel kinda bad.", she shared.

"Yes, don't worry, I absolutely get it. Owen and I will take good care of them, I promise.", the brunette said. "Would you like to come in for a second and drink something?", she offered politely, still smiling at her colleague.

"No, thank you. I'm the last person Owen wants to see. And honestly, I don't really want to face him either.", Teddy uncomfortably replied. "But is Leo already home from school? Could I see him one more time before I leave?", she wondered softly. She had picked up her daughter from primary school, but her son was usually taking the bus from middle school.

"He is. You don't have to ask me about seeing your son, Teddy.", the neurosurgeon reminded her counterpart. "Leo, come see your mom!", she yelled into the apartment, where the boy was doing his homework at the dining table, sitting next to Scout.

"Hey, Mom!", the twelve-year-old beamed and hugged the blonde tightly. "Can you bring me something cool from Germany?", he begged cutely and put on his best pleading face, widening his eyes in the process.

"You know, I will.", his mother chuckled. "I'm gonna miss you and your sister so much! Be good for your aunt and your dad.", she told her child and embraced him one more time, before she left. "I love you!"

"Love you too and we will be.", Leo responded and waved at her. "Can you help me with my biology homework? It's about the brain and I can't do it by myself.", he addressed Amelia, who nodded and followed him back to the table.

"Auntie Amelia, I'm gonna get started on my homework too.", Allison informed her parents' friend, sitting in her father's lap and glancing at her math book. "But I don't like math very much.", she sighed cutely.

"Me neither.", Amelia sympathized with the girl and tilted her head a little. "But I know what a smart person you are Ally, you will finish your math homework in no time. And for dinner, we are going to have homemade burgers, so there's something you can look forward too."

"I DO!", Scout beamed and happily clapped his hands. He was currently working on his English homework with Owen. "I like living with the three of you.", he announced, since this wasn't the first time the five of them were spending a day together in his mother's apartment and now, they got to do it for a whole month. "And with you too Mama, but you already know that."

"Aw, I know, Honey.", the brunette smiled. "I'm gonna get us something to drink and then we'll work on your biology homework, Leobear.", she let the young blonde know. Most people had stopped calling him Leobear by now, but he liked that his aunt still did.