Closure - part 15

"So, can I call you mama?", Leo wondered, not sure if he should regret asking the question. He hadn't expected the situation to get out of hand the way it did. "Because you aren't just my aunt, you are my mom.", he repeated. "And I am your son. While Scout is yours and Uncle Link's love child and Allison is mom's and dad's, I am yours and dad's. That doesn't make my other mom not my mom anymore but it's a fact."

"Leo...", Amelia started, leaning against Scout's desk, looking at the boy who was staring at her with his hopeful eyes. Since she didn't continue right away, the twelve-year-old was slowly losing his hope. He glanced at the floor, sad about getting disappointed again. Suddenly, he felt the brunette's soft hands against his cheeks and let her lift up his head. "You can call me mama.", she finally decided.

"Really?", the young blonde wondered, his lower lip shaking as tears of happiness filled his eyes. "I have been waiting for so long for you to accept me as your son.", he shared, still not believing his ears.

"I shouldn't have settled for being your aunt.", the neurosurgeon realized as she started to sob. It felt like her long lost kid had come home to her, although he had been around all the time. She had chosen this; it was her fault. "Betty left you to us back when we were a couple. She said we're your parents and honestly, ever since I've decided to be your aunt instead of your mom, there was a hole inside of me. You just filled it."

"Does that mean, I have three homes now? Mommy's, yours, and daddy's?", Leo asked, not quite sure what it meant that his mom was finally fine with him calling her that. She had always been more to him than just an aunt.

"I guess so? Right now, your father's home is here, so it's just two homes.", the brunette shrugged, also confused. "Speaking of which, I'm gonna text him to come up here.", she announced and messaged Owen.

"Look, I'm sorry-", the trauma surgeon started addressing his son when he walked into Scout's bedroom, where his kid and his ex-wife were standing in yet another embrace, both crying. "Are you two okay?"

"I get to call her mama.", the twelve-year-old proudly shared. "Because I am your love child, whereas Scout is mama's and Uncle Link's and Ally is yours and mommy Teddy's.", he informed his dad about his wild logic.

"That's amazing, Buddy.", Owen smiled at his kid and decided to embrace them in their hug, kissing his son's head, before he found his friend's left ear with his lips to whisper: "I guess that means we gotta make love, huh?"

"Stop teasing!", Amelia warned quietly and rolled her eyes, before she added: "Let's go back downstairs to have our snacks." She broke the hug and cupped Leo's cheeks once more to press her lips against his forehead.

"Sweetie, go ahead.", her ex-husband told their son and sent him downstairs. "I gotta talk to your mom about something.", he let the boy know, who shrugged and left, noticing how easy it was for his dad to call Amelia that.

"Is that so?", the brunette smirked when he closed the door of the kids' room and mischievously grinned at her. "Guess we're having a love child now.", she chuckled cutely, referring to what the young blonde called himself. It was both, hilarious and extremely sweet.

"Well, I've decided to have my snack right here.", the redhead winked at his counterpart and roughly grabbed her wrist to pull Amelia into him as he crashed his lips onto hers. He knew she liked it rough after being teased and he wasn't surprised when she hungrily kissed him back.

"I can't wait any longer, I have to have you tonight.", the neurosurgeon spilled the facts once they tried to recover their breaths, so it wouldn't be too obvious that they had rather been making out instead of having talked. "And it seems like you agree.", she bit her lower lip upon feeling his erection against her crotch.

"I get that and trust me, I would have you all the time if we weren't living with three kids and Link the fucking cock block, but I really don't want him in the same apartment when I am making love to you.", the trauma surgeon explained, a little disappointed with the situation. "He is trying to steal you from me."

"He might be, but I am not letting him.", Amelia promised, receiving another kiss to her lips and then to her forehead. "I'm gonna take a bath tonight once the children are asleep, join me. We can lock the door, Link is gonna watch his show that is on on Tuesdays and if the children need somebody, he can take care of it.", she made a plan.

"Sounds too good to be true.", her friend beamed, very happy about the fact that his ex-wife seemed to have just as many feelings for him as he had for her and that she could become his girlfriend again after all this time.