Suprises, Suprises...

I was awoken by my parents sneaking into my enormous room (that they had been renovating for a while now, with new beds, walk-in closets, and not just one they had six of each put in, not to mention the other room that had three of each!) singing happy birthday to me. “Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Y/n, Happy birthday to you!” They sang, bringing me a small cupcake for me.

“Thanks, Mom, thanks Dad.” I say after blowing out the candle, wishing for a new colt to train over the summer. “We got you two things this year sweetie, the first one’s going to be here in about 5 minutes, the second's going to be here in around an hour. Go get dressed! Quick!” My mother said to me, urging me to get out of bed.

“Alright, I’ll be down in a couple of minutes.” I say pushing them out of my room, getting dressed in a baby blue off-the-shoulder crop top, low-rise black flared jeans and putting my hair into a fishtail braid, hanging it off of my right shoulder while tying it off. I then grabbed my chocolate brown boots that had black accents at the top and bottom and black and yellow swirls all over, covered in sunflowers.

I also grabbed my black hat that had small studded jewels around the crown of it. I put the hat on my head and did a quick makeup look, beige eyeshadow, small eyeliner wings, a bit of mascara for the eyes; and some pale pink-tinted lipgloss for a finish. I then heard a honk coming from outside. I twisted the lid back on my lip gloss and ran downstairs, only to be stopped by my dad, holding a blindfold.

“Fine.” I say rolling my eyes playfully and putting the blindfold on. He then guided me outside slowly. “You can take it off now.” I heard my dad say as he let go of my hands, walking over to my mother who was probably recording the whole thing. I slowly untied the blindfold to be greeted by a beautiful dappled sooty buckskin stallion. “Oh my gosh!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!” I squealed, running over to give my mom and dad a quick hug before taking my new horse’s lead from his seller.

“Thank you for giving him a good home. We called him Firecracker.” the woman said and then got back in her truck and drove away. “Hi, bud, your so pretty…we got to think of a name for you huh boy?” I say to my new horse while stroking his face. “You look kind and sweet, but your fierce and stubborn aren’t you?” I ask him. He then threw his head up in the air as if agreeing with me.

“Sundancer, that’s your name.” I say after thinking for a few minutes. “Why don’t you walk him around the property, maybe lunge him a bit, get him settled?” My dad told me while walking up to pet Sundancer’s neck and shoulder. “Yeah sure. Come on boy.” I say clucking my tongue a bit to get him to walk on.

After about 20 minutes I had finished showing Sundacer around his new home and decided to lunge him to get some of his energy out. I grabbed one of the lunge lines and clipped it to the side of his halter. “Walk on.” I say pointing outwards a bit. Sundancer did as I asked and walked in a circle around me a few times. “T-rot.” I say clucking my tongue a bit as he denied the command.

“T-rot!” I tried again, being more assertive, and pulled the lunge whip out. The second he saw it his eyes flared up and he began bucking, rearing, and pulling his head to get the lunge out of my hand. “Easssyyy, boy. Easy. Is it gone okay? I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.” I say throwing the whip out of the arena to try and calm him down. “That’s right, it’s okay.” I say slowly walking towards him with my hands up, showing him I wasn’t going to hurt him.

I then stopped a few steps away and turned away from him, letting him come to me when he was ready to. After a few minutes of waiting, he put his head over my shoulder. “Good boy! Let’s get you some water and an apple okay?” I say leading him out of the arena and into his new stall. I filled up his water trough and gave him an apple and stayed with him, brushing him and talking to him until my dad came back with the blindfold.

“Time for your second surprise!” he said excitedly as I took the blindfold from him and tied it around my head after closing Sundancer’s stall door. My dad then took my hands and led me to wherever the surprise was. I heard people talking and then my mom told them to be quiet because I was coming. After a few more steps, my dad stopped me and turned my body a bit so I was facing something.

He then stepped behind me and took the blindfold off my head and I am met with a bunch of different faces, none that I recognized until two teenage boys walk out from behind the group.

“Suprise N/N!!” both Lucas and Zay shouted walking up to me to hug me.