stop stealing people

I woke up to a loud alarm going off in my ear. I jumped up with a start.

Mental note: turn down that alarm.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sighed. Classes start at 7:50 but we have to be at the school by 7:42 for the first bell. Then we get let out at 3:05.

I am not ready for this.

I climbed out of bed and walked into the closet to look for an outfit before I remembered that I set out clothes last night. I threw them on and looked in the mirror. My outfit was nice and simple. I had on a nice pair of ripped jeans and a cold-shoulder shirt.

I walked into the bathroom and did my hair. I straightened my hair and put on some light make-up.

I went back into my room and picked up my schedule, trying to pound my classes into my head.

Period 1 ~ 7:50-8:32 - Spanish 2
Period 2 ~ 8:35-9:17 - Art 2
Period 3 ~ 9:20-10:02 - Chemistry 1
Period 4 ~ 10:05-10:47 - Chemistry 1 Lab [Days 1,3,5] / Study Hall [Days 2,4,6]
Period 5 ~ 10:50-11:32 - Study Hall [Days 1,3,5] / Physical Education [Days 2,4,6]
Period 6 ~ 11:35-12:17 - Honors Geometry
Period 7 ~ 12:20-12:50 - Lunch
Period 8 ~ 12:53 -1:35 - U.S. Cultures 2
Period 9 ~ 1:38-2:20 - Honors English 10
Period 10 ~ 2:23-3:05 - Study Hall

I took a deep breath and carried my stuff downstairs to the kitchen. When I got there, there wasn't anyone in the kitchen. I set my things on the floor and opened the fridge and took out the cold brew coffee that I made Lorenzo buy me, despite Orlando trying to convince me that caffeine will stunt my growth. I poured some in a Yeti cup along with some french vanilla creamer and vanilla syrup. Dunkin' Donuts at home.

I was trying to memorize my schedule when I heard thundering footsteps coming down the stairs. Soon after, Dino and Antonio came into the kitchen. Dino went for a hot cup of coffee and Antonio pulled some granola bars out of the cupboard.

I just stood there awkwardly. Dino looked at me. "Do you want any breakfast before we leave?"

I shook my head. I knew that if I tried to eat, I would just puke it all up. Despite my answer, Antonio threw a granola bar at me. I caught it and looked at him with a questionable look. "Eat." He told me sternly.

I examined the ingredients on the wrapper. Dino saw what I was doing. "What are you looking for?"

"The ingredients." I responded.

"Why? It's granola and chocolate chips." Antonio told me.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a chance a stray peanut found it's way into it." I told him.

"Wait, peanuts?" Dino spoke up.

I nodded. "Yeah, I have a peanut allergy." I quickly scanned the ingredients list and found the allergens at the bottom in bold print.

May contain: peanuts and tree nuts.

I shook my head and threw it back at Antonio. "Yeah, I don't feel like dying. Sorry."

Dino grabbed a banana from behind him and handed it to me. "Sorry, sis. You aren't getting out of this one."

I turned the banana around and opened it from the bottom. Antonio stared at me in shock. "What do you think you're doing, you psycho?"

"This is the easiest way to eat a banana."

Dino chuckled. "That isn't the only way to eat a banana."

I coughed. Antonio looked at him. "Dude. What the fuck?"

Dino laughed. "What? I'm just saying. She could slice it up, too."

Antonio shook his head. "Once you guys are done in here come out to the car. I'll be waiting."