x. take on me

chapter ten ( take on me

chapter ten ( take on me. )

ᴵ ˢᵘᵍᵍᵉˢᵗ ᵖˡᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ: ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ ᵇʸ ᵃ⁻ʰᵃ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ ʳᵉᵃᵈⁱⁿᵍ!

Jones household, Summer of 1982.

Take on Me had been playing on repeat blasting in her room. Using a mop as her mic stand and guitar, she wore Steve's white shirt under her dad's leather jacket which was ginormous on her matching it with a pair of white socks and a red and black polka dot pajama. Steve stood on her bed wearing the exact outfit as her, with a trophy - that Brandi had one in a science fair - in hand as his mic.

Her parents had been gone for a week for their annual honeymoon every summer which meant Steve stayed with her for the whole week, baking, acting like rock stars, raiding her parent's closets, and making a mess everywhere.

She used the mop acting as if it were a guitar tapping her feet to the beat, and whipping her head side to side, her blonde hair hitting her face. They were addicted. It had been a part of the ' Jones Concerts ' which they would do in her bedroom every summer. She even sketched out a poster of what their band logo would look like and taped it to her wall.

Steve jumps down the bed dancing his way toward her. She raised an eyebrow at him from across the room, Steve walks closer to her as he continued to sing, he grabbed her hand twirling her towards him causing her to drop the mop. Chest pressed against one another, the trophy in between them as they sang together. Childish grins on their faces and laughter echoed in the room due to their awful singing.

" TAKE ME ONNN ! " they both sang at the top of their lungs, his arm wrapped loosely around her waist and her arm wrapped around his shoulder as they swayed left and right.

She loved summer for a reason. It was the only time of the year when it was only Steve and Brandi. No parents watching over them or nagging them to take more photos for the future. But sometimes it was also nice when their parents were around, Steve would play loud music after their family dinners and everyone would get up and dance. He would grab her mother's hand and teach her new moves which her mother would roll her eyes at and their fathers would take a thousand polaroids.