Chapter 5

Yoona

"Yoona, let's go." Min-gyu called as he waved towards me. I smiled back, as we made our way to school. For the past week, I had nothing to do as I was sick with a cold and was unable to attend school. During those days, Min-gyu would come over, unafraid of getting my cold, and give me some fruits, or plants that he has been growing.

"Today, we would be joining our afterschool clubs." During those days, Min-gyu would also keep me updated on news in school. However, due to him being in the second class, he is unable to tell me anything about Hwa-seol and how she's faring. "But... I think she made a new friend." My eyes went wide. "Is that so?" I responded.

No matter how much I did not like hearing that piece of news, I would never get mad in front of Min-gyu. "Do you know..." We had a nice long chat before finally reaching school. As I walked past class 1, I caught a glimpse of Hwa-seol talking to a girl. It was just something that was in the corner of my mind, so I paid it no attention.

"Class~ For today, we would just have your orientation that has been postponed for a couple of reasons. Oh! Is Kim Yoona here?" Our new homeroom teacher announced. "Yes." I raised my hand. "That's good. Well then, let's go." She exclaimed, before gesturing to line up. After lining up, she started explain and telling us how to remember the way to class.

Finally, it was time to choose the afterschool clubs. "Now, you can go around the whole school and try out the different clubs. But... there is a special event in the hall on the 2nd floor!" She said and left happily. As school ends at 4.30pm, we only had 2 hours as we had spent the last 7 hours going around and visiting our seniors.

Now that we have finished everything, the teachers will take a break while the students can roam around freely! "Yoona, do you want to go to the hall?" Min-gyu asked. Throughout the whole day, I have been by Min-gyu's side, but I have yet seen Hwa-seol. During our lunch break, I did see Hwa-seol, but she was with Eun-seok and Seon-hyuk.

"Yeah." I replied as we headed to the hall. On the way to the hall, I felt a presence behind me. It was ominous and gloomy, so I turned to check. I found myself greeting Yoo In-yeop who had lent me that trash book! The book which he had lent me was only the cover. What I want is what's written inside, not the cover!

When I was going to flip it open, it took me nearly 15 minutes! Every time I want to open that book, I will get so excited that I want to delay it for a while longer as I wanted to feel that sense of satisfaction. When I finally gathered the courage to open the book, the satisfaction I expected to feel changed into immense annoyance.

When we reached the hall, there was a sign board on the outside. It read: Collaboration of the Art club and the gardening club. "There's a collab?" I asked. "I guess..." Min-gyu too, looked like he was confused. We stepped into the hall, and I was surprised to see how crowded it was. Art may be popular, but it's rare for people to be interested in plants.

"Silence-" A loud voice boomed. The hall silenced, and everyone looked at the stage. Holding a microphone, a lady with a stern look glared at the students. "M-Mom?! What are you doing he-" Without a doubt, it is Hwa-seol. That means... That lady is Hwa-seol's mom?! I was dumbfounded. Although I have met Hwa-seol's mom, she had such a nice personality!

Then again, she must have been so worried that she forgot to keep her composure. I mean, she has to keep up her image of the chairwoman of JH art. Hwa-seol's mom was a very well-known artist, and all her artworks are worth a lot. Getting your hands on one piece is really hard. Yet, why's there an artwork on the stage...

"To begin, please group yourselves into groups of 8. After that, you will be moving around to look at plants!" She continued, ignoring Hwa-seol's pleas for her to get off the stage. "Mom!" I could still hear Hwa-seol. I followed the voice, and I soon met Hwa-seol. "Yoona!" Hwa-seol exclaimed, as she tackled me with a hug.