Chapter 48

" happy birthday..."

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"What were you expecting, Haley?" I asked the girl who was talking about her relationship with Nate. "I mean you left and he goes off to do everything to get you back just for you to shut the door."

"I didn't shut the door!" She defends, "I was just confused. I still want to be with him." She sighs as she tries to get in a more comfortable position on the couch. "But I don't think he wants to be with me.

"And rightfully so," I responded as I threw a small rubber basketball in the air. I guess she didn't like my comment because she's giving me her death glare. "I'm kidding. Sort of. Not really." Received another scowl. Look maybe it's best for you both to be apart." Trying to reassure that everything was going to be okay.

"I think we had plenty of that." She said in a sad tone before switching her mood. "You know, enough about me. Today should be about you. Do you have anything planned today?"

"No, not really." Getting up from my spot as Haley followed me into the kitchen.

"You don't celebrate your birthday?"

"Yeah I do but I'm not expecting much this year. I mean I am living with my dad."

"Guessing your dad doesn't do much then?" she asked as I nodded my head.

"It's usually just me and my mom that does something," I said as I took a bag of chips from the cabinets. "But I'll make sure if we do something, I'll call you."

"You better," Haley replies as she gets a chip. "You know I'm happy you're not avoiding me." She randomly says which makes me turn to her, confused. "When Luke came to see me the other time, he said that you weren't so fond of me."

"Yeah, I was," I stated as she looked at me. "I mean I'm not going to lie. Come on, Hales we hardly talked when you were away being a rockstar." She nodded her head slowly. "Fortunately, I don't feel the need to keep that grudge since you're here now. We can just go back to being best friends again."

She smiled before speaking again, "And since we're best friends, you know you can tell me anything." Making me nod my head in acknowledgment. "Okay, now that we got that settled, how do you honestly feel about the whole Brooke thing?" I furrowed my brows at the question. "You expect me to believe that you're okay with it?" She questioned and I just looked at her and nodded. "That's bullcrap Andrew and you know it!" She called out causing me to huff.

She's right.

I'm acting like I'm alright but anyone in their right mind would know I'm lying. Some questions are left wandering through my mind.

Why does she still have feelings for somebody that didn't treat her great?

Did I do something that drove her away?