𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗠𝗲

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into, Shadow." Shrek whispered, nearly going weak in the knees.
"I'm not good enough for you! Your friends will hate you for loving me..a man!" He nearly choked the words out. Shrek never knew why people feared two genders being together. Out of all the things in the world, they picked love?

Shadow paused. He knew his friends would judge him. They all would, but he didn't care. He loved Shrek.
"I'd let you," Shadow whispered back, his face hot with blush.
"I'd let you ruin me, Shrek! You don't understand..I've already thought all about this. You could tear me down to shreds in front of all my friends, and it still wouldn't stop me from loving you."

Shrek's eyes were dewy, molten in the candle light as they stood in the room of his humble home. His hands were rough, hard from so oftenly doing physical labor respond in such kindness. He lifts Shadow's chin to him, thumb resting just below his lips.
He gives a soft, low chuckle dripping with sympathy.
"How adorable."

Shadow's heart pounded in his chest, his head throbbing violently. His heart was erratic, threatening to burst out at any moment. He wanted to feel Shrek. To kiss him. Everything. He wanted to raise his hand up to caress the ogre's cheek, but his arms had never felt heavier.

Shrek brushed his thumb over Shadow's bottom lip, and Shadow closed his delicate lips over the pad of his thumb. They both are trying to find their thoughts, but the two are so lost in the moment. They were warm, pressed against each other lovingly.

"Shadow," Shrek murmured, the words practically blowing through him.

"Yes, Shrek?" The words came out as a squeak, pathetic.

"I love you too." He gave him his answer, although it was a late one. The ogre pressed his lips against Shadow's, their lips crushing to wine in a loving press. Their mouths opened up underneath each other, thin strands of saliva visible once pulled apart.

"Does this mean we're official?" Shadow asked, embarrassed from the kiss. His cheeks were pounding dully, flush spread across his cheeks and to the tip of his ears.

"Of course," The ogre replied softly. Once more, he pressed his lips against Shadow's. The hedgehog's lips were soft, delicate like the velvet of a petal. From now on, the two would be a couple. No matter what happens.