𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻

// I'M SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER ISN'T GONNA BE AS DETAILED CUZ MY NECK HURTS SM. FEELS LIKE I GOT ARTHRITIS OR SUM //

Sonic bared his teeth. His teeth were
sharp against petal soft skin, deepening with anger. He wasn't mad because Shadow was gay. He was mad because Shadow wasn't being gay with him. But he couldn't let Knuckles know that. No one could.

Sonic's eyes swelled with tears, face burning with flush of embarrassment. How could Shadow love Shrek? The two had become close. Sure, they were enemies at first, but that's all in the past.

His lips bled slightly, the metallic taste of blood teasing his very own taste buds. He couldn't help but wonder why he was just a second option to Shadow.

                                  .     .     .     .

It was morning and Sonic had already left the shack, whilst Knuckles went back to guard the Master Emerald.
Sure, Knuckles was okay company, but sometimes the male was rather slow..in Sonic's opinion. He couldn't even read.

So, instead Sonic decided to speak with Nick Wilde. The two had always been close, even after they called their relationship off.

"I just don't know what to do, Nick. It's like he does like me, but doesn't. He's always throwing me mixed signals!" The blue hedgehog puffed out softly to himself, ranting to the uninterested fox.
"He flirts with me, gets sad when I don't talk to him, and I even catch him staring at me sometimes."

"Uh huh.. well, what do you do? And if he's showing at least some interest towards you, why not just shoot your shot?" The fox had idly plucked a single candy from a bowl, his legs propped up whilst he lounged in his overly cushioned chair. In truth he couldn't care less about the other males problem, but there's no way he'd say that out loud.

"Because he's in the way. Always. I saw them kissing, Nick! They're always together, and get along so much better than we do. I don't know why, but he makes me nervous. My heart flutters at just the sight of him, but he doesn't feel the same way." Once again the hedgehog's eyes filled with stinging tears, his eyes blinking rapidly in hopes of it going away.

Abruptly Diego storms in, pushing past the door until his eyes spotted his amor. Nick Wilde.

"My love! Hello." Diego scooped the Fox into his arms, lips pressed against each other lovingly. Their movements were in perfect rhythm, Diego's heart wanting to burst out of his chest. Of course, the two eventually pulled away.

"Diego! Not now. Later, okay?" Nick's smirk was small, but so noticeable to Sonic. He wanted to leave.

"I'm sorry about that, Sonic. And about that problem of yours! The only thing left to do is to either win Shadow over, or give him up. Or you could always..." Nick trailed off for a second, laughing afterwards at the stupid idea.
"No, never mind."

"What? Tell me!" Sonic was desperate.

"I mean.. uh. You could always frame Shrek, or like find a way to get him to cheat on Shadow? But that's a stupid idea! Forget I even said it." The male chuckled nervously, Diego's hand ever so gently placed on his thigh.

"Shrek cheat on Shadow?.." Sonic paused. He hated the thought of it. After all, he'd always just be the other man. Just another option for others to choose from.