Coloring

TW

I wanted to be an artist so I decided to draw all over my American Girl Doll dresser that was custom made by my grandparent's neighbor.

My father was in my room lying on my bed and I took my markers and colored pencils to make the furniture "pretty". I was satisfied with my work and tried to show my father but he was lost in his phone. He wouldn't even look at me. So I ran to grab my mother.

I excitedly brought her into my room and showed her my art. Her eyes grow dark and she storms out of the room. I am left there, afraid. I look at my father who doesn't notice a thing.

I hope my mother will come back happy or proud of me.

My mother came back with a metal spatula. She grabbed my arm and began to hit my butt as hard as she could. We're talking she pulled her arm high into the sky and used all of her muscle to hit me.

I screamed in pain. Then I remembered my father was there and began to scream for his help. My father didn't look up from his phone... he just continued playing his game. It didn't matter how loud my screams were.

So I began to scream at my mother to stop but she didn't. She kept going. I only looked at her eyes once... they were dark and terrifying. So I closed my eyes and sobbed, wishing it would end.

I then hear, "Stop [that] screaming and crying or I will continue to beat your [rear end]!"

I couldn't just stop sobbing. I was in pain already and she kept hitting the areas already in pain. I just kept crying.

My father finally said, "Honey, don't you think that's enough?"

She was even more enraged and he did nothing more.

Eventually, she ran out of steam and stormed off. I was crying on the floor. I thought my father was as scared of her as I was and that's why he did nothing. Now that she was gone, maybe he would notice me.

My father got up, eyes on his phone, and walked out of my room.

I was left there, alone, in pain, and betrayed.